Author Topic: Articles required for music, sporting events & festival. Paid per article.  (Read 6987 times)

Cultivate

• Email
Hi all,

I’ll make this brief.
We’re looking for work experience journalists to write articles about the events industry - mainly focused around the outdoor events world  - including:

•   Music Festivals
•   Concerts
•   Live Music Events
•   Corporate Events
•   Sporting Events

The subject matter is fairly flexible – for example our most popular articles to date have been on Festival Fashion and the Olympics and a combination of "industry" type B2B articles as well as B2C ones.

Our company (http://www.peppermintbars.co.uk) operates bars and provides event management services for over 40 outdoor event annually (95% of which are during summer time)

We are keen to build a community of writers & bloggers that can write unique content for us.
During the summer there is opportunity for you to visit these festivals and outdoor events to provide a unique behind the scenes insight.

You will be paid per article and if you visit any events for us, you’re ticket, travel and food expenses will be covered. The rate per article is £15.

Our office is based in South West London but all articles can be completed remotely.
Opportunity for further work with Peppermint during the summer and beyond.
Please email news@peppermintbars.co.uk with some recent examples of your work and we will provide a more detailed brief.

Maddie

Re: Articles required for music, sporting events & festival. Paid per article.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 11:40:45 AM »
Hello

I am a 16 year old student studying Media, English, German and Photography at college in East Sussex. I am passionate about music and am currently looking for work experience or an internship, as I wish to persue a career in Music Journalism in the future. This sounds like a very beneficial as well as enjoyable oppertunity, and I would be really interested in writing articles for your company. I would be especially interested in writing about music festivals, concerts and other music events.

I have attached a review I wrote on Lucy Rose's November gig in Brighton.
I hope to hear from you soon, Maddie

sarah_vaz

• Email
Hello
My name is Sarah and am currently 17 years old. I am studying English, History, Art and Maths in sixth form in London. I am very interested in journalism, especially music journalism. I have been looking for work experience/internships and I think that this would be an amazing opportunity for me to expand my writing skills as well as learning something new. It would be an enjoyable experience to write articles for your company. I am especially interested in writing for the music events as I regularly attend concerts and music festivals such as Reading Festival.

I write for a publication and have linked one of the album reviews that I did for City And Colour's latest release http://harmonic-series.com/post/52239528480/city-and-colour-the-hurry-and-the-harm-dallas

I hope to hear from you soon,
Sarah

nasra001

Hello,

My name's Adam and I'm an aspiring Journalist and seeking work experience.I'm still in 6th form studying English Literature, Media Studies, Politics and Psychology. I am incredibly passionate about music and this summer I'm going to the VFestival and would be happy to contribute some of my work if your interested.

maryvarney

My name is Mary

I've just graduated with a 2:1 from the University of Nottingham and I am now looking to continue to develop my journalistic skills. I write a blog which can be found at thenottinghamgraduate.wordpress.com and this is the best example of my writing.

I am very eager to learn and I feel that I have enough experience of attending such events to write entertaining and informative articles on them.

I look forward to hearing your response.