The successful applicant will oversee the Goal Japan edition of the website.
The Goal Chief Editor will ensure that we have a consistent approach to workflows and structure, along with a high standard of coverage by developing a clear and concrete strategy that would help Goal Japan become the number one football website in the country.
The ability to innovate and identify new opportunities editorially and commercially is a must.
The successful applicant will report in to the Asia Managing Editor for Goal.com and work closely with other Chief Editors within Asia, and whereas necessary with Chief Editors in North America, South America, MENA and Europe.
In addition the Goal Chief Editor Japan will have to align and support the requirements of the Managing Director of Japan and ultimately Managing Director of Asia for Perform in order to deliver on key business objectives for the group to drive overall growth within the region.
To oversee growth in audience traffic, profile, credibility and coverage of our Japan edition.
- Manage and oversee growth of Japan edition by developing a clear and concrete strategy
- Coordinate, develop, and implement content in collaboration with the existing Goal Japan editorial team and with the other regional and worldwide reporters at Goal.
- Manage the editorial tasks, working hours, workflows, budgeting and payments within pre-approved monthly budget.
- Work with existing commercial team in Japan to maximize revenue opportunities
- Ensure successful collaboration between editions on all key content strands including coverage of the J-League for Southeast Asia
- Meet agreed traffic targets for unique users in Japan edition
- Meet agreed traffic targets for page views in Japan edition
- Meet agreed traffic targets for page views per visit in Japan edition
- Meet agreed targets for CTP video streams in Japan edition
- Build and maintain strong editorial team within the existing Japan edition
- Meet agreed engagement levels for Facebook likes, Twitter followers, and other social media targets that will be key to driving traffic to the Japan edition
- 5 years of journalistic experience, preferably online
- Previous management experience
- Strong communication skills, ability to manage remote teams
- Excellent news sense and journalistic skills
- Strong knowledge of Japanese football
- Ability to identify and implement relevant structures and workflows
- A willingness to work with all areas of the Perform business
- Good time management skills
- Knowledge of and ability to cater for commercial requirements
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong connections within Japanese football
- The ability to speak English fluently and write in English.
PERFORM is the world leader at broadcasting and commercialising sport in digital media. Through industry leading production, technical and commercial solutions, PERFORM maximises the returns for sports associations, rights holders, football clubs, content publishers, bookmakers, media groups, mobile operators and broadcasters around the world.
Perform Asia Pacific is a key region for the group, a leading media company in the region and now has product offerings across the continent with key editorial and commercial offices in place in Tokyo, Sydney, Melbourne, Jakarta and Singapore.
Goal is the leading football portal in Asia with over 19 million monthly football users visiting every month generating more than 200 million page views from our 10 key editions in Australia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
Goal Japan generates nearly 5 million users and more than 30 million page views per month.
For the latest information on PERFORM please visit us at www.performgroup.co.uk
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the "apply online" button below
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.