The goal of this role is to produce outstanding editorial and advertorial output across multiple media platforms (including print, digital and tablet), to satisfy the needs of News UK Commercial partners. The role primarily focuses on The Times and Sunday Times, but on occasions, will also include work on The Sun.
Key areas of responsibility
- Working closely with the News UK Solutions sales and project management teams, to develop market leading commercial content for our clients and agencies
- Acting as a conduit between editorial stakeholders and the commercial team, using your in depth knowledge of the editorial process to help open up new avenues for commercial integration
- Educating both Commercial and Editorial about the pressures that their respective colleagues face.
- Involvement in brainstorming sessions, and attendance at client/agency pitch meetings as and when required, to inspire with your knowledge of the content, and production process
- Writing editorial, advertorial and “third way” content across our newspaper and magazine portfolio, mainly on TT/ST but also on occasions in The Sun. This content is often to a brief, and involves a commercial sign-off process
- Being familiar with editorial production processes, and be confident coordinating production with sub-editors and designers, and the budgets for this
- Commissioning writers when necessary/appropriate
- Working closely with The News UK and Times Commercial Editor to harmonise press, digital and iPad production process and deadlines
- Experience of advertising copywriting for internally produced co-branded advertising
- Learning how The Times digital publishing systems work, and being able to build and maintain TNL microsites. To include building new complete microsites, ad features, and maintaining existing ones.
- Responsibility for the writing, production and publishing of both online advertorials and commercial editorial content digitally, working closely with various digital teams to harmonise the process and overcome challenges if and when they occur
- Including but not limited to the above. We are looking for a candidate who wants to get under the skin of this role, re and pro-actively make changes, and truly want to make it their own.
- Responsibility of overseeing and managing new ways to integrate clients brands with our content, in collaboration with the News UK Creative Solutions department.
- Times and Sunday Times editorial teams (press, magazines and digital) – section heads and senior editors, News UK Commercial – Solutions Sales Managers, Commercial Project Managers, Commercial Editorial
- Advertising agencies and clients
- Editorial production staff and freelance resources
- A deep understanding of the multi-platform media industry
- Extensive editorial experience
- A passion for commercial editorial solutions
- Experience of working in a commercial environment
To apply please click the "apply online" button below
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.