Skimlinks is an award-winning, mature startup headquartered in London and with a satellite office in San Francisco and a presence in New York. We are known for having disrupted the online content monetization space and have become leaders in the industry. We deliver tools, technology and services that allow online publishers (blogs/ websites/ forums) to earn some serious cash from their content. We work with thousands of publishers globally and make their lives easier by automating their affiliate marketing activities.
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for an Influencer and Community Relations Manager to join the Skimlinks family in either London or NYC. This role is truly a one of a kind opportunity! The Relations Manager will act as our dedicated industry expert helping build the Skimlinks community and amplify thought leadership through an aligned content strategy.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
• Managing Skimlinks’ client community interactions (social media, blog, external forums, PR) - identify and build relationships with prominent influencers and thought leaders in our space.
• Developing new types of content to address any gaps in content and communication strategy
• Leading education and training sessions for clients (webinars, talks, demos..)
• Attending events / networking / organizing key meetups to evangelize the company mission and find like-minded individuals and companies to align with on future initiatives
• Match internal content creation with external influencers for consumption and/or contribution opportunities
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
• Experienced writer/ journalist /blogger/ online community manager. You must have exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business' various types of content.
• Strong working knowledge of the online publishing world. You will need to have passion and a strong understanding of the industry and our mission. Experience working in an online publisher organisation is really preferable.
• A passion for understanding, crafting, and sharing compelling brand stories to drive or highlight business success
• An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize / scale thought leadership
• A love and knack for writing both brief and in-depth content
• Understanding and creating content that aligns with our target audience
• Ideally you will have an existing strong network of contacts / relationships across the media/publishers/agency industry
About the company
Skimlinks is one of the most well-known UK-originated startups in the internet space. Founded in London in 2007, we also have offices in San Francisco. We have been described by Techcrunch as one of London's leading startups, and voted in the top 10 of the Guardian Tech Media Invest.
Skimlinks offers blogs, forums and websites the ability to earn an income from their content, by paying them a commission if readers click through and make an online purchase.
We consider ourselves a company that sells innovations, and in the last few years we have conceived and built a range of unique, compelling products that have shaken up the online monetization space.
How to apply
To apply please click the "apply online" button below
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.