As a Content Producer you will produce written documentation and guides on a daily basis. This will include writing about services that Virgin Care currently operates, as well as services that we may run in the future and this will involve adapting your writing for a wide range of audiences and working with several main internal clients.
Build a network of contacts – There are more than 5,000 people throughout the organisation. You will build a network of contacts so that, when you require information at short notice you know the right person to call.
Collate information & conduct background research - As a Content Producer at Virgin Care, you will be a strong interviewer able to get to grips with a topic quickly and ask well thought-out questions to make the most of time speaking to Subject Matter Experts
Write accurately, efficiently and to deadlines – On a day to day basis you can expect to be producing a large volume of accurate work in an efficient manner, utilising all of the information available to you. You will be able to write in a wide range of styles with confidence and be able to easily see how you can adapt writing for different audiences.
Edit, adapt & proofread confidently – You will be responsible for repurposing existing content, editing content for new audiences or for consistency when combining work produced by multiple people. Where requested you will produce multiple versions of the same copy with adaptions for different audiences.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required:
- A 2:1 Bachelors degree or higher in English, Media, Journalism or another related subject
- A good command of the English language
- Organised & self-motivate and proactive
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of working to strict deadlines
- Good business-sense
- Copywriting or Journalism experience
- Demonstrable experience of producing accurate copy to a tight deadline
- Knowledge of the function of the NHS, in particular the roles of CCGs and independent providers
- NCTJ Qualifications
- CIPR, CPRA or CIM qualifications
- You will work for several key internal clients within the Corporate services directorate.
- Criminal Records Check
- A Criminal Records Check will not apply to this role
Other Considerations (i.e. required to travel):
- Flexibility is important – you may be required to work evenings and weekends as the business requires to meet short term demand
- On occasion you may be required to travel – we have services across England and the organisation continues to expand into new areas.
As a Virgin Care employee you will be required to uphold the confidentiality of all records held by the organisation, whether patient records or general information. This duty lasts indefinitely and will continue after you leave the Organisation’s employment.
All information which identifies individuals in whatever form (paper/pictures, electronic data/images or voice) is covered by the 1998 Data Protection Act and should be managed in accordance with this legislation.
- Responsibilities under Information Security Committee (ISC):
- Responsible for personal assets
- Responsibility to adhere to ISMS
- Responsibility to ensure unattended equipment has appropriate protection
- Adhere to clear desk/screen policy
- Requirement to accept in writing specific responsibilities with regards to back-up, malware protection and use of mobile devices in insecure areas
- Responsible for ensuring the required cryptographic control is applied to all their assets
- Responsibility to report all information security risks to the appropriate person, either via Information Security Officer/Head of Governance
- Requirement to report all suspected/actual security weaknesses within/to the organisation immediately
How to apply
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to Nic.Parkes@virgincare.co.uk or please click the "apply online" button below
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.