Award winning magazine is looking for a hard-working, multi-talented and resourceful deputy chief sub-editor to join its editorial production team.
The job would be suitable for an experienced sub-editor looking to move into a senior role on a top-quality, news-led business-to-business magazine. The role would involve layout and production across news, features and analysis pieces and, crucially, deputising for the chief sub when they are not in the office.
The portfolio offers daily and weekly news, opinion from top columnists, market trends and quality journalism.The website is an informative, interactive site offering all the content from the magazine plus additional news, opinion and data from across the industry. The tablet app offers the best of both print and online content.
- Laying out and subbing pages using Indesign templates and sourcing images
- Executing editorial workflow and ensuring all deadlines are met
- Editing and subbing copy to house style, and writing arresting and accurate headlines, standfirsts, captions and pullquotes
- Ensuring legal compliance and checking for libel
- Assisting when necessary with the upload of content to the CMS and with formatting for the tablet app
- Deputising for the chief sub when necessary, with responsibilities to include:
- Proofing and checking pages and sending them to the printer
- Checking PDFs to ensure they are print compliant
- Creating the weekly digital edition of the magazine using Pagesuite
- Sending files post-production to the wires
- Adobe InDesign
- Excellent subbing skills
- Proofreading, fact checking and attention to detail
- Page design
- Photoshop skills an advantage
- Interpersonal and communications skills, liaising with writers, designers, contributors and others
- Time and workflow management• Ideally have worked on Daily/Weekly or fortnightly b2b publications
How to apply
Please contact us directly using the details below
Head of Media Recruitment
19 Park street
Tel: 0208 774 1010
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.