Our client, a leading B2B publisher in central London, is looking for a Deputy (or Assistant) Editor to join its editorial team. This is an exciting role for a talented writer with strong editing and organisational skills to work on industry leading content for the aviation sector.
- Responsible for researching and writing final copy articles for bimonthly magazine
- Generate and source original content for the daily newsletter and website, including new interviews, blogs etc
- Initiate news stories as well as responding to breaking news and follow-up on leads
- Assist in developing an online community through the creation of quality editorial/content
- Develop content for associated products and yearbook
- Use social networking tools as well as website to create, support and maintain an online community
- Upload and update website content and use CMS; review the performance of online content using Google Analytics
- Support the Editor and deputise as needed
- Ensure the high quality of all publications through attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills
- Attend relevant press briefings, industry events / exhibitions etc internationally and network with industry stakeholders
Experience / skills required:
- Experience of writing and editing within professional/technical B2B publishing / membership organisation / professional services
- NCTJ qualified (or equivalent)
- Great track record of news gathering skills in a business environment
- Experience of working on a range of content including online and print products
- Excellent written and spoken English and a good eye for detail
- Strong IT skills including experience with social media tools
- Some knowledge of the aviation industry preferred/ must be able to familiarise self with new technical terms and knowledge of industry
How to apply
For further information, please click the "apply online" button below or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion but we will keep your CV on file for any future relevant opportunities.
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.