Are you an experienced senior journalist/editor looking for a new challenge ?
Can you deliver engaging, essential news and insight to a large market of professionals?
Can you immerse yourself in a market sector, find out what make it ticks and become a figurehead within the industry?
Then read on.
Our client, a leading B2B independent media owner is looking for a new editor for a leading periodic B2B print title & its associated website and they’re looking for a high calibre and driven individual to take over the helm.
If you’re reading this, you’ll know that this kind of role requires someone who can write punchy news stories as well as the in-depth analysis that readers in the market require.
You’ll be maintaining a high standard of editorial content which will keep the magazine and its website as the number one for essential reading in the market, whilst developing an editorial programme which contributes to the commercial success of the brand and its products. You’ll also be looking to increase reader engagement, develop new initiatives and drive reader registrations whilst ensuring the timely delivery of agreed editorial outputs.
- Plan and produce the editorial content.
- Produce (and upload to website where appropriate) daily high-quality news.
- Research and produce feature articles, news, blogs and all other editorial content. Commission content where appropriate.
- Social media activity, engagement and content dissemination for the brand.
- Ensure that editorial contributions and costs are kept within the agreed editorial budget.
- Represent the brand at press events, conferences and exhibitions. Develop and maintain contacts with key contacts to maintain a high profile for yourself and the brand.
- Help prepare, and periodically review, a long-term editorial programme to ensure content:
a) Serves the interests of its market and readership.
b) Grows the registered readership within defined reader profiles.
c) Achieves its commercial targets.
- Propose and initiate innovations, such as events, surveys and cross-brand campaigns to stimulate reader interest and to improve profile in the market.
- Keep a watching brief on competitive publications.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with other editors and teams across the company.
- Editor/senior journalist experience preferred
- News gathering and writing and feature writing
- Social media
- Use of a CMS / knowledge of digital platforms
- Quality focus
- Personal effectiveness, planning and initiative
- Communication, teamwork and relationship building – acility to act as a brand ambassador
- Commercial awareness
- Suggesting new initiatives/ content for the title
- Customer focus
- Adaptability and flexibility
Our client are a very well-established producer of magazines and events and invest in care in their staff. As well as a competitive salary they offer comprehensive benefits including pension & healthcare.
How to apply
To apply please click the "apply online" button or contact us directly using the details below
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.