The position would suit an experienced journalist looking to take the next step in their career and play an active role in the growth of a vibrant, young publishing company.
- Research and write editorial content of the magazine and its associated website and social media sites
- Work closely with the sales team to support advertisers in editorial, and come up with new feature subjects that may be commercially beneficial
- Work with the artwork team to approve the design layouts and make amendments where necessary
- Attend annual trade shows and press launches, which will sometimes include staying away from home and travelling abroad. Represent Gift Focus and meet with regular advertisers and editorial contributors
- Sub-edit two of the company’s other B2B titles
- A flair for writing compelling, original copy, from short news items to longer stories and features for both print and web
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and a cool head when faced with tight deadlines
- An eagle eye for typos and style slip-ups; proven proof-reading experience
- Ability to write engaging heads and sells; proven sub-editing experience
- Ability to work independently and manage your own time and deadlines
- Please note, this is a full-time position, based at our offices in Witham, Essex.
To apply, please send a CV, covering letter and details of current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the "apply online" button below
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.