We're on the look out for a determined Editor-in-Chief to lead and help build the site of record for design, property, architecture and interior design around the world.
Beginning initially with a focus on London and expanding globally over the course of the year, the publication will be filled with inspiration, news and insight into the creative and ever changing world of design and property.
You'll be a part of the site from day one and in turn, will play a pivotal role in developing the content and overall direction as well as building out the team. This is an opportunity to build something from the ground up and the chance to put all your energy and creativity into something new.
You'll be working closely with the publisher who will assist in growth and momentum, but this will be a publication for you to influence, fill with your passions; and as Editor-in-Chief - you will be the face of the publication.
Conditions & Requirements:
- Live in London
- A thirst and passion for property, architecture, interiors and design as a whole.
- 3+ years of relevant website content development experience
- Experience developing and maintaining heavy media driven website content
- Ability to meet industry-accepted standards, specifications and best practices
- Strong eye for compelling, shareable content in architecture, design, property and interiors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very comfortable and familiar with Wordpress
- An appreciation for all types of content: long and short form, video, images, gifs and more
- Calm under pressure
- Very familiar with social media, using it to source stories and grow a following
- Not afraid to get involved in all aspects of the publication
- Ambition and drive to be the best
- Though we have an office in Soho you can work from, you should be very comfortable working remotely and working with a remote team of authors, editors and staff.
- Salary between £35k - £60k, dependent on experience
- Overall Direction: As mentioned, you will be a part of the site from day one and in turn, will play a pivotal role in developing the content, strategy, management and direction.
- Daily management of the site and supporting editorial staff.
- Making editorial decisions: You will eventually be the primary person responsible for making sure the content on the site is of a certain style, tone, standard and frequency.
- Commissioning Articles: Working alongside the Commissioning Editor, you’ll assign topics to authors and editors, both short form and long, and make sure everything is moving smoothly.
- Growing the team: You'll be involved in recruitment and helping grow the team in London then abroad.
- Staying up-to-date: You will need to be constantly looking to learn, and keep abreast of both the world of property, design, architecture and interiors...but also the world of digital publishing and social media.
- Authoring yourself: Writing daily original blog posts and articles, setting the style and tone expected for other future authors and editors.
- Social Media: Working alongside a social & community manager, you will provide editorial oversight of content, voice and aggregation across all social media channels.
- Relationships: Creating relationships with relevant web communities.
- Co-promotion & Collaboration: Identifying co-promotion and collaboration opportunities.
How to apply
To apply please click the "apply online" button below
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.