The role will be ideal for someone who wants a career in the rapidly evolving world of business to business (B2B) publishing. Working in a highly motivated team of 6 people, the bulk of the role is of an editorial based nature but there will be an essential commercial and administrative element as well. You will be able to develop your written communication skills across all of the platforms and will be given more editorial responsibility as you progress successfully.
- Delivery of accurate editorial content, this involves writing news stories every day and one/two features per month and helping to edit some supplements.
- Overall responsibility for the Product Profiles section of the publication which involves promoting, booking, administrating, writing and laying out all the copy and pages.
- Supporting the Editor in production of the magazine and affiliated platforms.
- Sub-editing submitted/written articles.
- Liaising with both clients and PR agencies through the telephone, email and by visits.
- Representing the publication at press events, occasionally overseas.
- Managing the brand’s social media channels.
- Managing the twice weekly e-zine.
- You will be expected to provide some overall administrative support to the entire team.
- You will need to develop a clear and in depth understanding of the UK construction industry.
- Degree in Journalism
- Capable of working to tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent grasp of the English language
- Ability to write clear, coherent copy
- Excellent organisational skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Indesign/Photoshop
- Knowledge of content management systems (CMS)
- Understanding of social media (Twitter/Facebook/Linkedin)
- £18,000 rising to £19,000 on successful completion of a probationary period of 6 months.
- Bonus potential of up to £3,000 per annum
- 22 days holiday per year.
Group Commercial Manager.
On editorial matters: the Editor.
Metropolis Business Media is part of the Metropolis International Group Ltd and is one of the fastest growing publishing operations in the UK. More about the company can be found at http://www.metropolis.co.uk The Company is based in Croydon, Surrey and has excellent transport networks to the local area and central London.
How to apply
Candidates interested in this role should send in their CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or please click the "apply online" button below.
The successful candidate will be expected to start working with us on 13th Oct 2014.
Recruitment agencies/consultancies are requested not to enquire about this role.
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.