Position: Events reporter, Insurance Times
Reporting to: Associate editor, Insurance Times
Insurance Times is the leading news, events and business information provider servicing and influencing UK general insurance. Our brand positioning is 'critical friend' and our offerings are aimed at the top 10% of UKGI professionals in insurers, brokers and service providers. Our approach is mature and distinctive: we will challenge but responsibly, with balance, accuracy and fairness at all times. Our brand power is underpinned by a heritage of being first to service our audience with critical information needs. We are using our heritage to innovate in all our relevant platforms, be it business information provision, events or data research. Insurance Times’s mission is to provide our audience with superior engagement through innovation in all our relevant platforms.
This role is designed to support the development of Insurance Times’s growing portfolio of events and ‘live’ content.
Working under the supervision of the associate editor, you will be responsible for generating content before, during and after all Insurance Times events across multiple platforms, including in print, online, video and social media. These skills will also be used in helping meet the needs of our commercial partners.
A key requirement of this role will be assisting with delegate acquisition, ensuring that you build the right contacts and relationships with key industry stakeholders that are keen to engage with the brand’s events and live content.
You will also be critical in developing agendas for events, creating programmes and coming up with discussion and debate topics that are newsworthy and engaging and can be brought to life with a live audience. A long-term goal of this role is to eventually train the individual to host their own events including roundtables, panel debates and seminars.
You will be a trained reporter and when there are no event requirements you will be responsible for a small news patch.
Specific duties include:
- Assisting the associate editor to execute the editorial programmes for a suite of 20+ annual events
- Executing content across multiple platforms - print, online, video, SM and face-to-face - before, during and after events. News and feature writing will be required.
- Identifying appropriate industry contacts and developing productive editorial relationships.
- Assisting with the delegate acquisition for Insurance Times events to ensure the audience is relevant
- Researching and developing agendas, and suggesting and securing speakers and panellists for Insurance Times events.
- Identifying event and other content opportunities to serve the different Insurance Times reader groups.
- Contribute content for the Insurance Times website, magazine and regular email news alerts. As a reporter, you will have a small news patch within the editorial team.
- Continually develop industry knowledge and expertise.
- Attend industry functions, conferences and press briefings.
- Contribute to company-wide projects and the development of Newsquest Specialist Media as required.
- Proven experience of working within a fast-paced editorial team
- NCTJ-accredited qualification in journalism
- Experience in reporting across multiple platforms
- B2B experience preferable, but not essential
- A keenness to engage with senior industry executives
- Experience in filming and video editing using Adobe Premier Pro would be advantageous
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Relationship building, external and internal
- Self-starter, highly-motivated, lateral thinker and problem-solver
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Fully conversant with MS Office, and familiarity with tablet, mobile devices in the working context
- Experience in using social media and an enthusiasm to embrace the concept
- Able to commute into NSM’s London base and across the UK and internationally as required
How to apply
Please send your C.V and cover letter to email@example.com or click the "apply online" button below
Closing date: 30th July 2014
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.