FashionBeans.com is recruiting a features editor to sit next to its editor-in-chief and news editor on a rapidly expanding site with an audience of over 1.5million per month.
The site currently publishes an in-depth feature article every day, with topics ranging from trend reports and ‘ways to wear’ to grooming and fitness advice. This is accompanied by breaking news from within the menswear sector, along with the latest lookbooks, street style photography, videos and more.
The features editor will be responsible for coordinating day-to-day feature content suitable for a style-driven male audience.
He or she will take full responsibility for a team of high-profile contributors, including former editors of some of Britain’s biggest magazines, published authors of men’s fashion books and writers for the likes of GQ, Drapers, ShortList and Men’s Health.
The ideal candidate will be able to deputise for the editor-in-chief in his absence. Experience in menswear and journalism is essential, as is a black book brimming with industry contacts across brands, PRs, writers, photographers and more.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Take full responsibility for the features team: regularly producing your own high quality editorial content, as well as editing and commissioning copy from freelance writers while working to a pre-approved monthly budget
- Raise the site’s profile by attending networking and press events as well as taking part in other ancillary marketing projects
- Expand the existing editorial team with further noteworthy industry names
- Increase the site’s written output; including overseeing FashionBeans’ move to a seven day publishing schedule and introducing new curated/list-based stories to the editorial mix
- Ensure all deadlines both internally and externally are adhered to
- Liaise with the editor-in-chief and news editor to ensure consistency across the brand editorially and with the picture desk to deliver strong visuals
- Forward plan ideas to coincide with relevant industry events such as London Collections: Men, Milan/Paris Fashion Week and Pitti Uomo
- Ensure the smooth running of the site, communicating developments, team holidays and hires with the editor-in-chief
- Solid experience in menswear and journalism with a portfolio of published written work for a reputable editorial title either in print or online
- Have existing relationships with major brands, PR agencies and retailers within the industry
- Knowledgeable and passionate about the men’s fashion industry
- Come with an address book full of high quality writers, photographers, stylists, illustrators, and other freelance creative talent
- Able to effectively manage and coordinate an external team of freelance writers, ensuring deadlines are adhered to
- Full of original thoughts and ideas about how FashionBeans can improve both editorially and commercially
- The ability to generate a constant flow of interesting feature topics and spin new ideas with an engaging writing style
- Able to identify key trends ahead of our rivals
- Able to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment as well as work collaboratively with local and remote contributors
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in order to nurture existing and build further relationships
- Pro-active approach and able to show initiative while working quickly and effectively with an eye for detail
- Experience using content management systems such as WordPress is essential while knowledge of graphic design programs such as Fireworks/Photoshop and a basic understanding of HTML would be beneficial.
To be considered for this role, please send us your CV and portfolio, focusing on written work in relevant publications, along with a covering letter to email@example.com or please click the "apply online" button below
Please note that the deadline for all applications is 3rd October 2014.
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.