Are you a fully fledged sub with experience in print as well as online? Or are you a graduate seeking their first editorial role? BPG Media has a full time vacancy in our Buckminster offices for a Journalist at Your Cat magazine.
The successful applicant will work within a small and friendly team to ensure Your Cat magazine's online content is the best it can be, while also providing elements of editorial for the magazine. Whilst we don't expect you to know everything about cats, an interest is desirable!
The ideal candidate will have excellent writing and sub-editing skills (both online and in print), and will know Facebook and Twitter inside out.
The role requires a strong grasp of grammar and proofing skills, and an ability to write and sub to a tight deadline.
This is a varied role working across each platform in the Your Cat brand – including our website, social media channels and on the magazine itself. Applicants must possess a clear understanding of how each platform can be used to complement the others.
- Uploading content to our website from archived material, as well as writing original copy.
- Managing the content on Your Cat's social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
- Sub-editing in-house and commissioned content for both the website and magazine to tight deadlines.
- Preparing the digital version of the magazine for sale using MagazineCloner.
Professional related qualifications are desirable, but we are happy to accept applicants with other qualifications, providing there is a strong desire to learn. However, applicants must have proven ability to write and sub in the magazine industry.
Skills and experience
- Great writing, editing and proof-reading skills.
- Desire to work hard and be part of a winning team.
- Good communication and organisational skills with great attention to detail.
- Experience of CMS, InDesign, PhotoShop and social media channels desirable.
- Ability to work under instruction, as well as your own self time management.
BPG Media are independent publishers of market leading consumer magazines and specialist titles. Ultimately creating content is what we’ve done since 1989, though we are now publishing across all media platforms, including websites, ebooks, digital editions and social media. We offer a worldwide audience bespoke and quality driven articles.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please click the "apply online" button below to be redirected to our website.
Please note - we only accept applications submitted on our standard application form. Your application will not be processed if you just send your CV.
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.