The successful candidate will join a five-strong team in producing content in keeping with Confused.com’s slogan “on a mission to save you money”. As such, the content team covers all things money-saving - from car insurance to credit cards, pet insurance to property prices and plenty more besides.
Content at Confused.com takes many forms including - but not limited to - news, features, blogs, guides, videos and infographics. The successful candidate will also help the team run Confused.com’s social media accounts.
The content and social media team is staffed by journalists and writers and sits within the marketing department. This is a great opportunity for the right person to join a talented team producing engaging and compelling content as part of Confused.com’s content marketing/brand journalism strategy.
Accountable to: Head of Content & Social Media
Key success metrics:
- The successful candidate will be an experienced journalist/writer who has worked in print and/or online media and is familiar with content management systems. You will be used to dealing with breaking news as well as forward-planning content.
- You will have an excellent nose for a story and a wide grasp of current affairs, with a genuine interest in consumer issues.
- You will also have a good understanding and working knowledge of SEO best practice for content production.
- You will have excellent levels of literacy, numeracy and accuracy, and pay great attention to detail. Sub-editing and picture-editing experience would be an advantage.
- You will also have a working knowledge of media law, particularly with regards to defamation and copyright.
- Multimedia content production skills (video and audio) would be an advantage, as would social media experience.
- You will be full of ideas for editorial and multimedia content, take a proactive and creative approach to work, and have the ability to develop exclusive content ideas.
- Producing daily content for Confused.com which is distributed across a number of channels, including email and social media
- Helping run Confused.com’s Facebook page, Twitter accounts, and other social media channels
- Keeping abreast of the latest consumer issues to inform the production of topical, engaging content. This will include holding regular meetings with Confused.com product teams (motor, home, money etc.), as well as making and developing contacts with key industry figures
- Sub-editing internal and externally commissioned copy
- Helping monitor and analyse the performance of Confused.com content - most popular, most read, most shared etc.
- Offering journalistic insight on internal PR campaigns
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good relationship-building skills
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV, with a covering letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 25 March, 2014.
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.