Mergermarket is a business development tool designed specifically for the M&A sector and provides proprietary intelligence and analysis on corporate strategy across the world. Part of the product consists of a historical database of global mergers & acquisitions (M&A) maintained on a daily basis by a team of analysts and deal researchers.
The Deal Researcher will focus on reaching out to advisory firms and their respective teams involved in mergers & acquisitions (M&A) within the EMEA region. The position allows to progress to other roles within Mergermarket, subject to the candidate’s individual skills and interests. The role could lead to a variety of paths depending on the opportunities, including client-facing or analytical roles as well as editorial related positions such as investigative journalism.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Desk based research involving contacting corporate and advisory companies, primarily via telephone and email, to find out who worked in an advisory capacity on a transaction;
- Compiling detailed, accurate and presentable documentation of this information;
- Working towards deadlines on a daily/weekly/monthly basis for information submitted to external publications;
- Establishing new contacts within the advisory community to encourage cooperation with Mergermarket’s research department;
- Using knowledge gained in an assigned sector or geography to contribute to reports produced by Mergermarket.
- Fluency, including knowledge of business terminology, in English and at least one of the following languages: Nordic, Spanish and/or Arabic;
- Educated to degree level in Business, Journalism or equivalent experience would be ideal but not essential;
- Proven interest in financial and M&A markets;
- Attention to detail;
- Good organisational skills;
- Able to work towards deadlines;
- Knowledge of research methodologies;
- Ability to be flexible with holiday and working hours.
To apply, email your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference “MM Research MDR – September 14”. Or please click the "apply online" button
The Mergermarket Group is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.