We all love eating, drinking and socialising in pubs. How do you fancy writing about them as well? The Publican’s Morning Advertiser, the leading weekly magazine and daily news website for the pub trade, is looking for a News Reporter to join the team.
The pub sector is one of the most vibrant in the UK and is currently undergoing a transformation to meet changing consumer habits and lifestyles.
The role would suit a keen journalism graduate or first-jobber with strong news-sense and a passion for online. You’ll be expected to write news for the weekly magazine, our website reaching over 100,000 users every month, and help produce multi-media content, such as videos and photo galleries for our growing audience of pub licensees and drinks industry professionals. In return, we’ll give you the chance to gain experience working with the biggest trade publisher of food and drink titles in the UK.
The Publican’s Morning Advertiser is 220 years old this year and known as an influential and respected voice in the trade. Charles Dickens once wrote for the publication – now you have the opportunity to do so as well!
Job Outline / Key responsibilities & tasks:
• Creating news for magazine and web, both on and off diary
• Developing and producing video content
• Proof reading
• Contributing original news and ideas at internal meetings and developing them through to final copy for publication
• Attending press conferences and events with some evening working
• Developing a network of contacts throughout the pub trade
• Spearheading the PMA’s multi-media journalism and social media output
• Updating the website and ensuring content is up to date
This is a job for a dynamic and out-going news journalist with proven skills and in print and online, including
• The ability to source, write and break exclusive stories
• Strong inter-personal skills and the personality to represent the title to the industry
• The ability to grasp complex business political and technical information quickly and to write about them clearly and concisely.
• Web-editing and publishing (ideally to include audio and video editing).
• Strong organisational capabilities.
• A contributory pension scheme
• Life Assurance
• 25 days' holiday
• Discounted gym membership
• Free car parking
• Free shuttle service from Three Bridges station
How to apply
Please click the apply "online button" below
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.