The Local’s Spain edition was founded in 2013 and is one of nine websites in The Local’s European network.
You will be part of a young and dynamic team across Europe, reaching a monthly audience of 4.5 million unique visitors.
Start date: ASAP
What we expect from you:
- An exceptional level of written and spoken English (native speaker or equivalent).
- Excellent Spanish skills.
- The ability to write clear, concise and engaging news stories and features.
- At least one year’s experience in an editorial role.
- A knowledge of journalistic ethics and good practice.
- A good knowledge of Spanish society, politics and institutions.
- Curiosity; a desire to lift the lid on major issues affecting society.
- Flexibility; you will normally work office hours, but you will be willing to work some unsocial hours as needed, sometimes at short notice
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- An active and incisive approach to social media.
- Familiarity with blogging, online publishing, sound recording and photo editing are an advantage.
- A knowledge of major languages other than English and Spanish (particularly French,Italian, German or a Scandinavian language) would be useful.
How to apply
If you think you have what it takes, send your CV and a brief introduction (in English) as soon as possible, at the latest by October 1st to our managing editor, James Savage firstname.lastname@example.org or please click the "apply online" button below
We are looking to fill the role quickly, so early applicants will be at an advantage.
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.