You will ensure your team’s work is consistently eye-catching, commercially effective, on time and within budget. You will also be responsible for the delivery of the photography output of the team and the development of new formats and working practices.
- Work with art editors, editors and Publishers on a day-to-day basis to ensure all photography is produced to the highest possible standard.
- Drive your team to design excellence. Develop their technical and design skills and their market knowledge and share your passion for effective photography and your experience of what works and what doesn’t. This should be accomplished both informally day to day and formally through regular team meetings.
- Manage a small team of in-house photographers – setting objectives and running quarterly appraisals
- Manage workloads and areas of responsibility across the photography team
- Achieve deadlines. Attend weekly internal production meeting. Liaise with other departments to highlight any anticipated problems and suggest appropriate solutions
- Develop a list of good, reliable freelance photographers
- The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in either the magazine industry or commercial photography
- Experience of lifestyle model photography as well as arranging and running photoshoots
- Technical photographic knowledge and highly competent in Photoshop
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal. You will be comfortable presenting and explaining your ideas with other team members and departments
- The ability to work collaboratively and actively contribute to inspiring, delivering and generating ideas and building upon the ideas of others
- The ability to manage time productively to ensure the rapid completion of high quality work under the pressure of fast-paced deadlines
- An approachable, open and friendly manner, and passion, enthusiasm and knowledge about effective photography
Full time position Monday to Thursday 9-5.30 and Friday 9-4pm
Salary DOE, 20 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you feel you’re ideal for the role to Karen Battrick, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or please click the "apply online" button below, with the subject line SENPHOTO
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.