An opportunity has arisen for a senior multi-media reporter to join the editorial team on our recently launched website www.feednavigator.com
Part of the highly regarded William Reed Business Media digital portfolio, this brand new global product will not only feature news, but to differentiate ourselves from the competition we will develop and deliver audio podcasts, video, image galleries, infographics along with creating a strong voice across social media networks.
We are looking for a journalist with experience of producing video and audio, and writing online news. The successful candidate should be a real team player who will be able to turn their hand from writing news one minute to producing a video interview, and compiling a photo gallery the next. You must be a self-starter with a nose for news and a real passion for online. You should already have a strong online presence through both established websites and social networks.
For the multi-media journalist role, it is essential that applicants have and are able to demonstrate:
- Experience of planning, producing, presenting and editing videos and audios for online
- Strong news-writing skills, preferably for B2B
- Experience of using social networks and managing and developing Facebook, Twitter and Linked In communities
- An understanding of SEO
- Experience of writing about the industry is not essential, but being able to demonstrate an understanding of the issues within it and that those working within it face, is.
- Posting news stories on the content site every day. News should be written with integrity, accuracy and credibility.
- Shooting, presenting and editing video news and podcasts on a regular basis.
- Gather still images both from source and contacts to create relevant photo galleries
- Attend key industry events and global exhibitions to gather multi-media content and news
- Develop relevant contacts from within the industry
- Help develop Feednaviagator social media communities
In return for your enthusiasm and hard work, we’ll promise you great development opportunities, an opportunity to travel, a competitive salary and great benefits all within a friendly and creative working environment
You will report to the Editor (based in Montpellier) but be based in the first instance at the Crawley headquarters.
- A contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- 25 days’ holiday
- Discounted gym membership
- Free car parking
- Free shuttle service from Three Bridges station
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or click the "apply online" button below
When applying for this role please send your CV, a covering letter and some examples of your work.
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.