Newzulu Ltd. is funded by some of the world’s leading media organisations, is expanding rapidly across the globe, and works in close partnership with the most prestigious names in international journalism.
We are opening brand new, state of the art offices in London — and recruiting video editors who will hunt down the best social and viral videos on the web. This is an exciting position that will offer good opportunities for promotion.
You will head the outreach and cultivation of a thriving community of international video contributors. You will have video editing and newsdesk experience, either on a fast moving website, or a multimedia press and video agency. You are a highly motivated, young multimedia journalist looking to take the next step in your career.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Source and verify to the highest journalistic standards incoming video submissions from contributors around the world.
- Edit and repackage video for our international wire partners and media clients.
- Produce feeds of social and viral video in major categories (e.g. Family Friendly, Strange but True etc.) and territories (e.g. Global, USA, UK, France, Germany, Canada, Australia).
- Manage the dynamic global community of Newzulu video contributors and expand it exponentially.
The video editors will work closely with the Newzulu Head of Video, who is based in London.
Daily tasks and desired qualities include, but are not limited to:
- Strong editorial skills: Reviewing, validating and publishing video on-the-fly, identifying and promoting the most newsworthy stories of the day
- Highly connected to the daily and long-term global news agenda and an expert in social media; an innate understanding of what makes a video go viral
- Collaborate with the media sales team of our partner newswires to ensure that contributions are broadcast as quickly as possible, distributed and sold on the broadest possible basis internationally
- Management of a creative and buzz-worthy social media presence
- Ability to edit using Final Cut and/or Adobe Premier and knowledge of video file formats
- Experience in validating social media images, ideally video.
- Ability to spot stories that have potential to go viral
- Experience in voicing packages would be welcome
The candidate must have a sharp news sense and be able to sniff out good stories from a mile away. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must. You must be meticulous about your work. A background on the video desk of a major press agency is a big plus.
We’d like to hear from candidates with a proven track record of excellence in managing contributors and working under pressure and have rockstar social media community management skills. Bilingual candidates would be highly valued.
How to apply
Send us your CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com or click the "apply online" button below — please specify NEWZULU LONDON VIDEO EDITOR in the subject line.
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.