The Video Optimization Associate will work with a talented team of digital experts to keep up with and drive the visibility of AJ+ content. This position will have broad video/social experience, and will have extensive optimization skills to help build and develop online video strategies, which includes but is not limited to to video distribution on sites such as: YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, Facebook, Vine, Instagram and native mobile video players.
• Manage multiple video uploads across AJ+ video/social platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Vine, Vimeo, Daily Motion, etc.)
• Implement social video best practices and video SEO into upload workflow. Includes titles, descriptions, tags, links, and thumbnails for specific video and platform launches.
• Keep abreast of industry level changes to video/social platforms.
• Bachelor's degree from 4-year program or relevant work experience.
• 1 year experience in video optimization.
• Strong understanding of SEO process and what makes a clickable headline.
• Interest in global news and current events.
• Attention to detail and deadlines.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities across teams.
• Exceptional communication skills (both oral and written).
• Intermediate photoshop skills for thumbnail creation
• Flexible to work some evenings and weekends
How to applyTo apply please click the "apply online" button below
The closing date for all applications is September 20, 2014 and interviews will be held shortly after the closing date.
**Al Jazeera is an equal opportunity employer.
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.