Projects completed on the day included a map indicating whether or not truck stops had CCTV combined with crime data and an interactive employment graphic which used salary, job and location data to assess 'Is it worth it' when looking at positions across the country.
Journalism.co.uk was there to capture the events on camera and hear from those taking part for their views on the project.
Free daily newsletter
- How data is central to the New Statesman's digital 'spin-offs'
- Tip: Check out this guide for data stories from start to finish
- German non-profit newsroom sharing all data and stories
- Future offers free digital editions with print in September
- 'Data+Design': free ebook released for data visualisation