Projects completed on the day included a map indicating whether or not truck stops had CCTV combined with crime data and an interactive employment graphic which used salary, job and location data to assess 'Is it worth it' when looking at positions across the country.
Journalism.co.uk was there to capture the events on camera and hear from those taking part for their views on the project.
Free daily newsletter
- '10 trends that news organisations should not be following'
- 'Free and easy' data journalism tools from Pew Research Center
- Guardian forms new editorial teams to enhance digital output
- The Detail in public service journalism and data partnership
- Tip: Remember these 7 pointers when visualising numbers