Jonathan Isaby, who is also a regular contributor to the Telegraph's Three Line Whip blog, is set to join ConservativeHome.
Before joining the Telegraph to cover politics for its now ceased Spy column, Isaby was a political analyst in the BBC's Westminster newsroom between 1999 and 2003.
He also writes a monthly column for GQ magazine and has published a book on the recent London mayoral contest between Boris Johnson and Ken Livingstone.
Free daily newsletter
- Why Business Insider is coming to the UK
- NRS: Telegraph secures most web-only UK readers for newspapers in September
- One year in: Building an online women's section 'from scratch' at the Telegraph
- New report charts 20 most-read digital news brands in UK
- Left-wing political blog Liberal Conspiracy closes