The use of Instagram continues to spread among journalists, as news outlets test out different ways to share images, and now microvideo, with their existing audience and to reach new communities.
In this week’s podcast we look at different examples of how Instagram has been used to share and gather images. As well as some of the initial lessons learned, we discuss the benefits for individual photographers or journalists and the media outlet overall.
We hear from:
- Peter Bale, vice-president and general manager, CNN International Digital
- Paul Moakley, deputy photo editor, Time magazine
- Kathy Ryan, photo editor, The New York Times Magazine
Free daily newsletter
- NRS: Mail has largest UK mobile-only audience in June
- Tip: Boost your social strategy with this advice from the BBC
- iPhone 6 'making the big screen the norm' for mobile publishing
- Tip: Bookmark this bumper guide to social media best practice
- How Radar sources report from deep inside the Ebola crisis