In less than 12 months, Canal & River Trust say it has reduced its operational vehicle mileage by over a million miles, saving 78,000 litres of fuel and 206 tonnes of carbon. The charity is working in partnership with telematics specialist Navman Wireless as part of a wider efficiency drive.
"Since we began using the Navman system we have reviewed how we work which has led to new working procedures, resources and productivity improvements. We have identified a significant saving, which Navman has influenced," says Ian Jarvis, Financial Controller.
"Thanks to Navman, and our use of newer, more fuel-efficient vehicles, our operational vehicle mileage has reduced from 6.6m miles per year to 5.3m miles per year. Annual fuel spend has reduced from 993,000 litres of fuel to 915,000 litres, for the same number of vehicles."
Jarvis said operational vehicle CO2 emissions have also reduced, from 2,650 tonnes to 2,444 tonnes. "We set ourselves a carbon reduction target of 25% to be delivered by the end of 2015 and 14% of our carbon comes from road vehicles and transport."
A further advantage to Canal & River Trust has been the decrease in speeding. "That was an unexpected but welcome outcome," Jarvis said. "Vehicle tracking has slowed our vans down and we've made a real efficiency improvement in terms of fuel usage, and more importantly improved the safety of our fleet"
- Contact Name:
- Phil Shirley
- Navman Wireless UK Ltd
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- More Details:
Related press releases
- Reduce the costs of mailing overseas and improve your competitiveness of with the help of an international mailing company, says Baker Goodchild
- Label news -DyNaMik Records are thrilled to announce that they are now members of Merlin Network
- Wildshark SEO prove you can go from zero to hero in just over a year
- Journalism travel writers, researchers and reviewers
- Spooky Halloween books now on offer from the Book People
- agriculture / rural affairs agriculture / rural affairs feed
- business / economics business / economics feed
- charity / voluntary sector charity / voluntary sector feed
- current affairs current affairs feed
- environment / conservation environment / conservation feed
- government government feed
- lifestyle lifestyle feed
- industry industry feed
- science / technology science / technology feed
- transport / logistics transport / logistics feed
- tourism tourism feed