Online car hire provider, eRentals.co.uk is urging holiday makers planning to head to the US this January to have emergency plans in place should an unexpected situation arise, following recent Arctic weather conditions in certain areas of the country.
The Arctic blast is affecting millions of Americans who are being warned that their lives are at risk if they venture out for any length of time into brutally cold conditions that are down to as low as -30c. Travel conditions are critical in many states around the US and in Indianapolis, Indiana, it is currently illegal to drive, except in an emergency or to seek shelter.
But what can travellers do to protect themselves against an emergency that could destroy their trip? Briony Fairbairn of eRentals.co.uk provides her advice on how British holiday-makers can stay safe to avoid their dream holiday turning into a nightmare:
"The first thing to do is check you are covered if your trip is cancelled by a situation out of your control. All too often, people book their holiday, only to end up paying for a trip that never even started. Look at the small print of your booking and your holiday insurance, to save you a great deal of time and money later on.
"If you are hiring a car, ensure you have taken out excess insurance. Bad weather conditions open the way for more accidents and premiums on hire vehicles can be over £1000. Excess insurance policies are substantially cheaper if you purchase online before you go away.
"Make it a priority to check for travel warnings or alerts before you travel. Potential hazards are usually reported beforehand so log on to the FCO (The Foreign Commonwealth Office) to see updates. Also keep up to date with local media and follow safety advice issued by the local authorities.
"My final piece of advice is to always to budget money for emergencies. Often travellers don’t set aside cash for a situation out of their control. Budgeting for emergencies means you won’t get caught out, enabling you to worry about only one thing – enjoying yourself!"
To get an excess insurance quote visit - www.eRentals.co.uk
eRentals.co.uk was launched in 2006 and is a specialist car hire company, providing low cost car rental in over 12,000 locations around the World, in all major countries and tourist destinations. Committed to finding its customers the best prices, eRentals.co.uk offers a quick and easy search of the latest offers. eRentals.co.uk is operated by Sublime Systems Ltd, a company that specialises in online businesses.
- Contact Name:
- Cara Churchman
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- 01625 511966
- Company Website:
Related press releases
- Firma Teestar Usługi Biznesowe inwestuje w absolwentów
- MJ Experia Marketing voice support for UK Freelancers
- Strategic Five Marketing claims that sales conversions triple via direct marketing
- MJ Experia Marketing attend sales conference with focus on time management in Barcelona
- Diventare 'Verdi' considerata priorità assoluta da Fast Track Marketing in Q2 del 2014
- consumer affairs / relations consumer affairs / relations feed
- current affairs current affairs feed
- environment / conservation environment / conservation feed
- health / medical / fitness health / medical / fitness feed
- home / family / garden home / family / garden feed
- media / advertising / marketing media / advertising / marketing feed
- men's interest men's interest feed
- motoring / motorcycling motoring / motorcycling feed
- transport / logistics transport / logistics feed
- travel / tourism travel / tourism feed
- tourism tourism feed