For immediate release
First-time children’s illustrator Ruth Bushi hopes a new format of picture book will encourage early readers to get hands-on and creative with story time.
Illustrated story book Who makes that noise? features a host of brightly coloured and very noisy animals to spot and identify. But it’s sister title, Colouring zoo, that puts a new spin on the children’s picture book format.
Colouring zoo features the same story, animals and illustrations, but comes ready to colour-in, allowing young readers to get immersed in the story.
The author was inspired to look for ways to encourage children to enjoy books when she noticed how often they are encouraged to be creative, but then told off for scribbling and drawing on books, bank statements and walls:
“I’d love to encourage more kids and adults to read together. But I’d also love to see readers making this book their own. Don’t like the way I coloured the monkey or the hippo? Great – come and have a go for yourself! I’d like children to love these books and feel like they’re a part of the story-telling process.”
Who makes that noise? and Colouring zoo will be published by The Goldman Press in June 2014.
Watch the story here: http://www.thegoldmanpress.co.uk/childrens-book-read-aloud
Notes for editors
- For images, interviews and quotes contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 07504 773921
- Both books are 32 pages and printed in colour/using colour processes. Recommended for 0-4 (babies to toddlers) age groups.
- The books will be available from the publisher as well as most online/high street retailers
- A Kindle comic version of Who makes that noise? will also be released in June
- Scheduled release date: June 17 2014
- The Goldman Press
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- 07504 773921
- Company Website:
Related press releases
- Pro UK Consultants review recent claims that employers are unimpressed with young talent pool
- Makeover Essentials: Does Halloween Boost makeup sales?
- Fusion Affinities: need advice on business growth strategies?
- Josh Cote attends the Collars & Coats ball at Battersea
- The Observer 2014 sex survey reveals Brits have suffered a drop in their libido according to Tempt Me Tease Me
- animals animals feed
- arts and entertainment arts and entertainment feed
- children / youth children / youth feed
- education / training education / training feed
- home / family / garden home / family / garden feed
- media / advertising / marketing media / advertising / marketing feed
- books / publications books / publications feed