Holidaymakers planning a summer break could save nearly £70 on a week’s car hire if they book now, according to average booking prices from www.Carrentals.co.uk
January is the busiest month for summer holiday bookings with travellers making the most of a range of sales and discounts from holiday providers and airlines. The cost of car hire however can be up to £10 a day less if booked in January, before taking into account any January sales and special offers.
Car hire comparison site www.Carrentals.co.uk has revealed how much its customers saved last summer depending on how far in advance they booked. The figures are based on a one week rental in Portugal starting on 24th August 2013, over the busy bank holiday period.
Booking figures showed a week’s car hire, booked six months in advance, cost £96 or £13.70 per day. This delivered savings of more than 40% compared to booking one week before, which cost £166 or £23.75 a day for the same trip.
Bookings made between these time periods also followed the same trend. Booking three months in advance cost £124 (£17.70 per day), this figure rose slightly to £124.70 if booked one month in advance, while leaving it two weeks before pick-up cost £131.70 (£18.80 per day).
Gareth Robinson, Managing Director of Carrentals.co.uk said: “We see the same pattern every year showing the substantial savings people can make. The savings are considerable so it is worth booking car hire as early as possible.”
The site estimates that the price will increase at a similar rate to last year as the summer holidays draw nearer, so travellers can still save up to 40% on their car hire if they book now.
Carrentals.co.uk is one of the UK’s leading car hire comparison website, and celebrated its 5th birthday as a comparator in February 2012. Last year, the company achieved record sales, despite the challenging economic climate. Searching up to 50 different car hire suppliers, including Alamo, Avis, Budget, Hertz, Holiday Autos and Sixt, Carrentals.co.uk provides an impartial comparison of the best prices available in over 15,000 locations worldwide.
- Contact Name:
- Cara Churchman
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- 01625 511966
- Company Website:
Related press releases
- Are brides really as brave as they claim?
- Malta buy property – 10 years after and the show goes on
- 5 reasons to upgrade your home with a natural stone patio
- Air travel safety is in the spotlight, amid frustration and worry for the passengers of missing airplane in Malaysia
- MP visits new community centre at Stanwell regeneration
- consumer affairs / relations consumer affairs / relations feed
- current affairs current affairs feed
- home / family / garden home / family / garden feed
- men's interest men's interest feed
- motoring / motorcycling motoring / motorcycling feed
- transport / logistics transport / logistics feed
- travel / tourism travel / tourism feed
- tourism tourism feed