Words are the tools of the trade for both journalists and copywriters. You still have to write economically and to a deadline, but writing journalistic copy is like building a home to live in, while copywriting is like building a house to sell.
On this one-day course you will learn:
- The key differences between writing journalistic copy and marketing copy
- Basics of marketing
- Traditional marketing theory
- Useful marketing acronyms
- 12 point checklist for marketing communications
- 28 'power' words for headlines
- 25 copywriting tips, tricks and techniques
- Charity copywriting v commercial copywriting (B2B and B2C)
- Copywriting for different formats: websites, ads, newsletters and sales letters
- What web copywriters need to know about Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Finding copywriting clients (and getting paid)
About Jackie BarrieJackie Barrie trained as a journalist and has worked for 30+ years as a copywriter, both in-house and freelance.
She has run training courses across the UK and Europe, for corporates, small businesses, marketing teams and aspiring copywriters.
She’s also published books on marketing, networking and writing for the web.
Testimonials"Very knowledgeable presentation and feedback from Jackie. Her insights into how to deal with clients on a practical level were particularly useful for me." Kath Farrell, Kath Farrell Editorial Services.
"Very Impressive. Clearly very experienced and explained her knowledge very well." Catherine Smith, freelance.
"Very knowledgeable and experienced – good mix of lecturing and exercises." Piper Terrett, freelance journalist