Manage vacancy postings, settings and users, and purchase a jobs bundle
Journalism.co.uk - the best place to advertise media jobs
Find the best candidates on Journalism.co.uk – see testimonials
Contact Alexander Heady tel: 01273 384291 alexander(at)journalism.co.uk
How much does it cost?
- Only £170 +VAT per vacancy for a basic listing (up to four weeks, inc. free logo)
- Further discounts of up to 36% for bulk purchases (job bundles)
- Premium services available to maximise response including job of the week, featured job listing, premium job listing, buttons and banners
- Contact Alexander Heady tel: +44 (0)1273 384291
Maximum targeted reach for minimal investment.
Active jobseeker reach (part 1):
- 350,000 page views a month, 120,000 absolute unique visitors, of which 20% is traffic to our jobs board
- 18,000 subscribers to our email daily (Mon-Fri) job alert, 78% of whom say they first came to our site to look for jobs
- 134,000 combined followers of our @journalismjobs, @journalism_jobs and @journalismnews Twitter accounts
- Mobile users targeted with our free iPhone/iPad app
Active jobseeker reach (part 2):
- 27,166 jobseekers registered on our jobs board
- Journalism.co.uk is number one ranked for the search term "journalism jobs" and fourth for "editorial jobs" in Google
- Job adverts viewed on average 1,200 times each
- Social reach - more online mentions related to the keyword "jobs" than our closest four competitors (see next slide).
Rapid alerts, accurately but widely targeted at online users interested in journalism.
Online mentions of media job sites relating to the keyword "jobs". Source: Radian6
Passive jobseeker reach (part 1)
- Journalism.co.uk also reaches 'passive' jobseekers, people in current editorial positions who are not actively looking for a new role, but that will apply for positions of particular interest
- All subscribers to our email newsletter, sent out first thing every day, Mon-Fri, receives a list of every job advertised on Journalism.co.uk in the previous 48 hours
Passive jobseeker reach (part 2)
- Job of the week and Featured job slots are optionally available to feature your job advert prominently alongside editorial on our home page or site wide
- Our jobs board features a CV match service, so if any registered jobseeker matches the requirements of your job advert, you will be alerted and able to contact them directly
Key demographics (see media pack)
- 67% of our newsletter subscribers already have up to five years' editorial experience; 33% have 6+ years' experience
- 73% are in the 21-35 age bracket; 22% are 36+
- 35% are earning between £16 and £25k; 22% £26-40; 6% £41k+
- 67% are UK-based, 9% in Europe, 19% in the rest of the world
Our brand, our values
- Journalism.co.uk has been providing free news and other services to journalists since 1999
- Journalism.co.uk is dedicated to helping journalists and publishers make sense of the rapidly changing media landscape
- Journalism.co.uk is truly independent
- Journalism.co.uk is an open community - we do not believe journalism should be an elitist club
- We respect your data - we won't use it to send PRs or spam
- We guarantee you a personal service. Alexander Heady (tel: +44 (0)1273 384291) is on hand to help you all the way.
- We promise satisfaction. If, at the end of your four-week advertising term, you are not satisfied with the response to your advert, we will extend your listing for another week free of charge.
"We used Journalism.co.uk recently to recruit editorial staff and it transformed the response we're used to getting... eight times the response for an eighth of the price. The quality of applications was extremely strong" Alan Kidd, editor, Planet 4/Total Off Road
"We had a fantastic response, well over 100 applicants... your site is my number one choice for recruiting high-quality journalists" Robyn Hall, editor-in-chief of Mortgage Division, Centaur Media
How to advertise a job on Journalism.co.uk
Step 1 - register with the site
Alternatively, you can simply email the copy to Alexander Heady (tel: +44 (0)1273 384291) and he will set up your account and post your advert for you.
Step 2 - add your advert(s)
Once registered/logged in you will be taken to the jobseeker's control panel.
On the control panel, you will find links to:
- add/edit your advert(s)
- add additional logins (for other members of your team)
- purchase job bundles (job advert credits at discounted rates)
- view online applications
- view registered jobseekers who match your vacancy requirements (CV matches)
- re-submit old job adverts.
IMPORTANT!! After posting jobs, you will then need to submit them. On the control panel, the jobs you have just posted appear in a list headed "Not Yet Submitted". Tick the boxed against the jobs you want to submit, and click the "Submit selected vacancies" button.
Step 3 - paying for your advert
If you are planning to advertise several positions at once, post them first before submitting them.
The submission process adds up the total cost, allows you to create additional billing details, and gives you the option of being invoiced later or paying online immediately using WorldPay, a secure web payment site.
Adverts are £170 +VAT per vacancy for up to four weeks' listing, including a free logo.
Step 4 - publishing the advert
The first time you post an advert there will be a short delay while we approve your details. You will be sent a confirmation email once the advert goes live.
All your future adverts will normally be published immediately, but we reserve the right to require payment in advance first in some circumstances.
If you have advertised before, simply login here using the email address and password you used when you first advertised. There is a password-retrieval link if you have forgotten it.
That's it - very simple. If you have any questions please email Alexander Heady or telephone +44 (0)1273 384291.
If you plan to advertise several vacancies, either immediately or over the coming weeks/month, you should buy a job bundle.
A job bundle is a number of credits and will save you money. For example, five vacancies can be purchased at a 10% discounted rate (normal cost £850 +VAT, after discount £765 +VAT).
You can buy job bundles by credit/debit card when you submit your adverts. If you wish to discuss job bundles first or negotiate a large bundle deal, please contact Alexander Heady on 01273 384291 or alexander (at) journalism.co.uk.
Job of the Week
When you post your job advert, you can indicate your interest in gaining premium exposure for your vacancy with our Job of the Week option. For an additional £175 +VAT, your job will appear prominently on the home page of Journalism.co.uk and in our daily email newsletter, maximising your advert's exposure to passive and active job seekers for a full working week (Mon-Fri).
Premium job listing
For an additional £100 + VAT per week, we also offer a premium job listing slot which keeps your vacancy highlighted in a grey panel at the top of our jobs board main splash page. This page is the most visited on our site and is a great way to ensure your advert catches the eye of the 40,000 unique visitors to this page on average every month, every one a jobseeker.
Featured job listing
For an additional £75 +VAT, your advert will appear in our featured job listing panel on the home page of Journalism.co.uk, guaranteeing extra exposure and targeting passive as well as active jobseekers.
To discuss job of the week, premium job listings, premium job listing plus TEL or featured job listing, please contact Alexander Heady on 01273 384291 or email alexander (at) journalism.co.uk.
How to get the best response to your advert
- Read recruitment expert Daniell Morrisey's excellent article How to attract and recruit top talent.
- Be concise. Include as much pertinent information as possible, but avoid long descriptions. Use short, single sentence paragraphs or bullet points. Important key skills and requirements should be outlined at the beginning of the description.
- Outline the key benefits. If you are offering a good salary and/or additional perks, for example, say so.
- Put your job in only the appropriate categor(ies) and sector(s). Subscribers to our email newsletter are able to choose which categories of jobs they wish to be included and accurate categorisation is also key to getting the right results from our CV Match service.
- Submit different job vacancies separately. If you don't, we won't be able to filter the right jobs to the right people.
- Write a good summary. The short job summary will appear on our jobs summary page and in our daily email newsletter with the job title as the heading, so try to include all the key details in as few words as possible.
- Be easy to contact. Full contact details are not essential, but the more information you give, the better response you will get. At the very least, you should provide a contact name and an email address (your email will be CAPTCHA protected to prevent scraping by spambots).
Testimonials from our recruitment advertisers
"Advertising my vacancies through Journalism.co.uk has been impressive. The speed, quality and volume of the responses have far exceeded our expectations. I will most definitely be using Journalism.co.uk again." Sid Cass, Publisher, Container Management
"We have had a good response from the advert so we will be using you again in the future! We have previously used a competitor website which has not generated such a good response."Jackie Pridmore, PA to Directors, Bourne Publishing Group
"We've had a fantastic response to the ads you posted for us, and we'll definitely use the site again when we have our next recruitment drive." Russell Brown, Operations Support Manager, PA Entertainment
"I've had a terrific response to the advert for production assistant/sub-editor. It has been the best value for money." Sanjeevini Dutta, Artistic Director, Kadam Asian Dance and Music
"Thank you for an excellent service, we have filled several jobs through you in recent years." Alan Lewis, Editor, Record Collector
"We had a fantastic response – well over 100 applicants and will keep your site as my number one choice for recruiting high quality journalists." Robyn Hall, Editor-in-chief of Mortgage Division, Centaur Media
"We had an excellent response to our advertisement - receiving applications from all over the world. The real boon was that the majority of the candidates were exactly of the level we were looking for, which saved us time and effort when sifting through applications. For cost effective recruitment, I'd have no hesitation in recommending the Journalism.co.uk service." Graham Stacey Associate Publisher, CPI (publishers of OK! Middle East)
"We had a really good response from our freelance vacancy on journalism.co.uk and even have a decent number of qualified CVs in case I need someone else later on." Mei Mei Rogers, shots.net
"The response to the advert was absolutely first-rate. We were looking for one person and ended up recruiting three! We will be pleased to use your service again." Callum Campbell Editor-In-Chief, Law Business Research
"We used Journalism.co.uk for the first time when recruiting recently for editorial staff, and it transformed the response we're used to getting. Where previously we've advertised in the local media and been pleased to get half a dozen replies, this time we got about eight times that at an eighth of the price. The quality of applications was extremely strong, and the successful candidate has already become an integral team member." Alan Kidd, Editor, Planet 4/Total Off Road
"Our company placed an advertisement in journalism.co.uk and we were amazed at the huge response of high-calibre applicants. The staff at journalism.co.uk were quick and effective, and we will certainly be moving all our journalism recruitment advertising to the site." Angi Mariani, Latest Homes Ltd
"I was delighted with the huge number of responses we had to our advert for a journalist/editor - more than 100 in three weeks - with some really quality candidates. We won't hesitate to use Journalism.co.uk again." Gideon Burrows, Editor, Ngomedia.org.uk
"We got an absolutely phenomenal response for our request for freelance writers. Very good quality of applicants too." John Rennie, ahotelinitaly.com
"We had a tremendous response from our advert on Journalism.co.uk and have filled the position for the sub-editor role for Global Legal Group www.iclg.co.uk. Thank you very much for all your support and professionalism. We will certainly bear Journalism.co.uk in mind for any further listings we may have." Alan Falach, Managing Editor, Global Legal Group
"Well done for setting up Journalism.co.uk! It's incredibly good value and you've been an invaluable resource for us. We couldn't have built our team without you!" Martin Hennessey, Managing Director, www.thewriter.co.uk
Search and save jobs, upload your CVs, manage applications online