Freelancers for hire
- Dorchester, United Kingdom
- Click to view
- Social Links
- Copywriter • Editor • Feature writer • Proofreader • Reporter • Researcher • Sub-editor
- Business • Economics • Energy • Finance • Geopolitics • Living abroad • Marketing • Parenting
- About me
- Over twelve years experience as a freelance energy journalist - see www.tellingsense.com for more information and full range of published work. Previous full time experience included seven years as a specialist energy journalist and editor in UK and Asia with Argus Media and Dow Jones, and six years in Asia with IHS as Midstream Manager, Asia (energy research) and CERA Associate Director. Now a lone parent, and freelance energy expert, journalist and editor. MA in Finance (Reading), BA in Economics.
- Contributor to
- McKinsey & Co MEI (2015-2020), Wiley (Oil and Energy Trends), Shulman Advisory (Japan), Warrick Business School Core Insights, Natural Gas World magazine, The Economist (not regular), eFinancialcareers, Breakbulk Magazine, Energy Voice, Gas Strategies, Gas-to-Power Magazine, Wireline Magazine (Oil and Gas UK), Pennwell, Utility Week, Petroleum Economist, European Climate Foundation and many others. Specialist B2B marketing material for Ogilvy/Aramco, Mott MacDonald, Willmott Dixon, GE/Skyword, Turner & Townsend, Tomorrows People, Energy Transformation and others. Previously full time at Heren, Argus Media, Dow Jones, IHS and IHS-CERA.
- Links to my work
Link to page on my website with three links to published work with no byline. Articles for The Economist, Warrick Business School and Shulman Advisory/Slate
Result of COP27 for European Climate Review (Gas Outlook)
Article for Euroil and Natural Gas World on dangers of overdependence on Russian gas (written 2017)
Article written with Shulman Advisory on Japanese offshore wind potential for Swiss Business Hub
Old article on implications of Brexit for UK energy sector, originally written for Gas Matters (before the 2016 vote).
- PR contact preferences
- PRs, login to view this freelancer’s requirements for story pitches