It is a really exciting time to join the Reach family. Due to our sustained growth and our ambitious future growth plans, we are now looking for a content testing editor to join us as part of our customer team.
This role exists to support Reach's new customer value strategy that puts our customers and their experience at the heart of everything we do by instilling a culture of seeking optimal performance through A/B testing of content areas.
This role will be home based.
Please note we will be reviewing applications for this role as applications are submitted. Due to this the role may close without notice, so please do not delay in your application.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- Work with newsrooms to create a sustainable process and framework to enable A/B testing of imagery, widgets, headlines, subject lines and other digital inventory to optimise the performance of content.
- Prepare training materials for journalists and work with regional newsroom leaders to develop a culture of striving for optimal performance through A/B testing to find the perfect outcome for our customers.
- Manage the testing team day to day to improve CTR and customer conversion on content via headline testing and image testing
- Oversee and edit the publishing of content to enable A/B testing across our network
- Increase the knowledge of a/b testing benefit at reporter/news-desk level which will have the effect of honing home-page headline writing and image selection skills right across the company.
- Use data to identify content optimisation opportunities missed at reporter/editor level and improve standards
- Develop best practice around A/B testing and work with newsroom leaders to embed across the Reach network
- Responsible for the quality and delivery of content and newsroom insight from the team on a daily basis
- Work with our data and insights functions to demonstrate value, track improvement and identify under performance of content
- Ensure IPSO standards are met at all times, and every piece of content is legally sound
- Taking accountability for the fair and consistent application of all our people policies, procedures and processes.
- Communicate and guide others
The ideal candidate
- You will be an experienced editor and qualified journalist with excellent headline writing skills
- You will be an experienced user of various analytics tools such as, but not limited to Crowdtangle, Google Analytics, Chartbeat and other resources.
- Experience of managing a team and influencing others with strong people management skills - essential to get this job
- Digital publishing skills and experience
- Social media skills
- Have a strong understanding of regional news sites, and regional audiences, as well as having a passion for digital storytelling in local journalism
- Valid UK/Ireland driving licence
- Proven problem solver and decision maker with the ability to delegate tasks effectively
- Ability to plan and organise effectively.
- Obsessed with the customer and deepening customer loyalty and an expert at identifying ways to improve the customer experience
- A fan of data and a believer in the opportunities it can unlock
- A confident and articulate communicator (including written, face-to-face, presentation skills) capable of inspiring strong collaboration within an organisation and between teams
- Confident at managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- A self-starter with a can-do, will-do attitude
- NCTJ or equivalent qualification
- Understanding of media law
- Excellent knowledge of the Editor's Code of Practice
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' holiday per annum
- Homeworking flexibility
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employees a voice
- Contributory pension scheme
- Flexible benefits include holiday purchase scheme, health care cash plan, share save scheme, tech scheme, car scheme.
- Lots of high street discounts including retail, restaurants, cinema, gym membership.
- Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme, trained mental health first aiders across the business, and access to wellbeing apps and coaching services.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position