Deputy editor - crude
Argus is an independent media organisation with almost 1,100 staff globally. We are headquartered in London and have 26 offices in the world's principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
What will you be doing?
Argus is looking for a knowledgeable, skilled and hard-working deputy editor to join its London-based crude team.
The successful candidate will assist the editor and work closely with crude reporters in London and other offices, while also working with other editorial teams, data and production teams, business development, sales and marketing and consulting.
The deputy editor will help manage content, editing and driving market coverage, commentaries, news and analysis in the crude sector. The deputy editor will be also responsible for developing new content and prices, and will help ensure that the Argus report and methodology are kept up to date and continually enhanced.
What we are looking for in you:
- Has potential for strong people leadership and effective communication skills.
- Experience of writing and editing market-relevant news, market commentary and analysis with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Understanding of price reporting methodology and compliance issues.
- A strong understanding of market supply and demand dynamics in commodities.
- Excellent networking skills.
- A proven track record of setting high editorial standards in interactions with both editors and reporting teams.
What is in it for you:
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- Flexible working
- 25 days' holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extensive internal and external training
Travel: Some opportunity for international travel.
Hours: 11am-7pm with one hour for lunch
For more details about the company and to apply please make sure you send your CV and cover letter via our website: www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions
By submitting your job application, you automatically acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data to the Company. Argus is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position