We are looking for an experienced writer and consultant who is an expert in the food, beverage, travel or hospitality industries to join our Content team on maternity leave cover. The contract will be for an initial 9-12 months with potential to extend. Part-time/flexible working considered. The main focus for this role will be to drive the creative strategy within the Food, Beverage & Hospitality (FB&H) directory, to develop quality content and advisory solutions in response to client needs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing a key steering role for the FB&H directory’s content strategy in line with Chief Creative Officer’s vision and overall business strategy
- Oversee the planning and development of unique content across all formats (blogs, reports, presentations) for Stylus reflective of Stylus’ vision, current client and prospective customer interests and concerns
- Manage sector/directory team, driving direction and setting standards for quality of content produced
- Oversee weekly publishing schedule and review regularly to ensure all content is delivered in accordance with client expectations. Actively contribute to the overall annual publishing schedule.
- Assist in the sourcing and commissioning of freelancers as needed, providing regular detailed critiquing of their work to ensure work submitted and published adheres to Stylus standard
Required skills and qualifications:
- Educated to at least degree level in a related discipline
- 8+ years of subject expertise with a proven track record of success including client-facing experience
- Experience of directing/managing an in-house team
- Robust network of relevant, current industry contacts (both retail and tangentially connected industries)
- Strong awareness of future-facing trends and innovations that will impact the retail industry
- Ability to take an active long-term view of the business showing maturity in understanding of commercial aspects of industry and client needs - as demonstrated through decisions taken about content generation and publication.
- Excellent communication skills, with experience presenting to all levels of clients and co-workers and the ability to manage upwards
- Big picture thinking
- Ability to think creatively, explore different concepts and identify underlying common themes
- Very strong visual skills and high attention to detail
- Experience of editing (short and long form content) preferred
Stylus Media Group
10th Floor Capital House
25 Chapel Street
Tel: 020 3892 7546