Why do we want you?
We want you because you are an experienced healthcare journalist/correspondent who loves investigating hot topics within the healthcare industry and using data to inform your analysis and illustrate your work.
If you're looking for a job role where you can deliver exclusives and investigations that set the agenda and beat the nationals on one of the most high-profile areas of UK public policy, then this could be just the role for you!
Wilmington Healthcare is an unrivalled, single healthcare data, education and information resource with outstanding analytics capabilities. We provide our clients with market leading insight into local health economies, complemented by increased access to senior health stakeholders and the wider NHS which results in effective and actionable insights. Wilmington Healthcare comprises Wellards, Binley’s NHiS and HSJ.
We're looking for an analytical thinker, with a strong news sense, excellent writing style, and the ability to understand complex issues.
Other areas for this role will be
- Sourcing and writing exclusive news stories
- Building relationships with senior people, to establish a wide array of contacts across the health service
- Building deep expertise in one or more areas of health policy, performance and operation, and how these affect the NHS’s relationships with those who work with it, as well as patients who rely on it
- Analysing the biggest issues and challenges facing the health service and individual organisations
We always support colleagues to develop their skills but to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to tick most of these boxes...
- Experience in the same or similar role
- To be comfortable routinely using data to inform your analysis and illustrate your work; including use of financial information
- Have the ability to think analytically and to make judgements about complex issues of health policy, management and performance
- Have an understanding of complex NHS reports and structures
- To have had at sufficient experience in journalism
- Reporting qualifications, such as good shorthand and NCTJ certificates, are a plus but not essential
- Have the ability to communicate your expert knowledge through public speaking and video, as well as in your writing
"We are committed to equality, equality of opportunity and valuing diversity"
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position