Job title: Academy editor
GIVEMESPORT is one of the UK’s largest digital sports publishers and a go-to destination for the latest news and features in sport, reporting on football, boxing, Formula 1 and much more.
We provide our fans with a mix of in-depth athlete interviews and long-form features, as well as the latest news on their teams and favourite players.
GIVEMESPORT is now looking for a talented sub editor with a strong knowledge of all sports to join our Academy team.
GIVEMESPORT Academy is an opportunity for aspiring journalists to submit content to a huge online audience to gain experience in the publishing world.
They will have a sharp eye for a headline, attention to detail and a solid grasp of journalism fundamentals as well as detailed knowledge across a range of sports, particularly boxing, Formula 1, rugby union and cricket.
- Source the best non-football stories
- Monitor the non-football GiveMeSport channel pages to gauge what articles are gaining traction
- Provide detailed and thorough feedback to Academy members during their shifts
- Organise Academy shifts each month
- Monitor the Press Association (PA) account and publish/promote all articles that would interest our audience
- Provide training via Google Hangouts for future freelancers
- Work closely with sports leads to discuss upcoming events/potential stories
- Sub-edit, publish and promote long-form pieces and freelance pieces
- Track the number of Academy/PA articles published per day
- Work closely with GIVEMEBET to sub and publish preview pieces
- Previous experience of working with Content Management Systems (CMS) is preferred
- Knowledge across multiple sports
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and an eye for a trending/breaking story
- A good understanding of social media platforms
- Prior experience of working with Microsoft Office and Google docs
- The ability to spot trending/viral/social content
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position