Bloomberg BNA is a company based in the Washington, D.C. area that offers its contributing freelancers:
- a competitive hourly rate
- the opportunity to have copy appear across a wide range of Bloomberg publications
- the ability to contribute to a bright global team of reporters and editors
Bloomberg BNA, an affiliate of Bloomberg L.P., is a leading source of legal, tax, regulatory, government, and business information for professionals. Our network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, analysts, and leading practitioners deliver news, practice tools, expert analysis and guidance – the information that matters most to our customers.
We believe in editorial independence. This makes us one of the most trusted sources of news in the U.S. for decision-makers and business professionals. We value customer-focused objective and accurate reporting.
We’re looking for a freelance correspondent in London with several years reporting experience to write international accounting news stories.
Knowledge of the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB), International Public Sector Accounting Standards Board (IPSASB), the U.K. Financial Reporting Council or other international accounting standards organisations considered a plus.
Must have the ability to write clearly and concisely about complex topics, and a highly developed nose for news. Freelancer would work remotely but collaborate with our editors regularly via email and phone.
You’ll Need to Have:
- Ability and willingness to write at least three stories per week under deadline pressure
- Knowledge of financial reporting (income statement, balance sheet, etc.) is desirable, but not necessary
- Experience pitching stories on a regular basis
- Competitive hourly rate
- The ability to learn about a wide variety of subject matters
- Costs associated with travel for conferences or large events covered
- Collaboration with skilled editors and reporters around the world
If you think you’re a good match, please send a resume and published hard news or news analysis writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.