An exciting opportunity has opened up for two magazine apprentices on at Newsquest Cumbria’s award winning portfolio of magazines including Cumbria Life, Dumfries and Galloway Life and Carlisle Living.
Working alongside the magazines team, the successful candidates will produce top quality content highlighting all the amazing places to live, work and play in Cumbria.
The successful candidates will have a fresh writing style, exceptional attention to detail and be able to adhere to monthly deadlines.
They will be highly organised and work closely with the commercial team to provide advertorials.
The successful candidate will have great people skills and the ability to get on with a wide range of people in the community.
They will also help promote the Cumbria Life brand and develop a social media profile.
Reports to: Vanessa Sims – regional group editor
Salary: National apprenticeship salary
- To create lively and engaging content for Newsquest Cumbria’s portfolio of magazines including Cumbria Life, Dumfries and Galloway Life and Carlisle Living.
- To work with the regional group editor to embed best practice and new tools in newsrooms to drive audience growth.
- To source, curate and produce top quality content.
- Develop a zippy, fresh writing style.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Adhere to all monthly deadlines.
- Work closely with the commercial team to provide advertorials and a linked up approach.
- Build upon the excellent reputation of the Newsquest Cumbria magazine brands and ensuring all content adheres to the magazines style.
- Help promote the magazine brands and develop a social media profile.
- Great people skills and the ability to get on with a wide range of people in the community.
- A high level of organisation and the ability to manage your own diary out on patch.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position