The B1M is the world's largest and most subscribed-to video channel for architecture and construction. Our YouTube-award winning content is watched by more than 15 million people each month. Our goal is to fundamentally change the perception of architecture and construction on planet Earth through our compelling video content.
We are looking for a full-time assistant content developer, who will be responsible for researching, copywriting and developing regular video content for distribution on The B1M.
You will be focusing on stories and content for our Australia and New Zealand viewership. Working knowledge, understanding and experience of these locations and their culture is desired.
The ideal candidate will be able to research key trends and developments across our core subject areas, devising highly creative and compelling ways to cover them with impactful video content that appeals to a mainstream audience. They will be a strong copywriter and content producer with a proven track record of creating video content for distribution on digital platforms.
You will be working closely alongside our co-founder and MD, Fred Mills, and The B1M's content production teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to become a key part of a dynamic and growing business in a highly interesting and under-served sector.
The role will be a full-time position with a three-month probation period.
- Researching relevant trends, stories and features that fit with our editorial tone of voice.
- Devising and pitching highly creative and compelling ways to cover our subject area with impactful video content.
- Developing storyboards and copy for video content in a timely manner.
- Researching and securing third party assets for videos (including licenses and releases).
- Overseeing the production process of the video content that you are responsible for.
- Collaborating with editorial leaders in all coverage areas to ensure that The B1M's deep reporting and expert analysis is reflected in every video.
- Ensuring that all journalistic and legal standards are followed at all times.
- Creation of original social copy and posts.
Required skills and experience
- A degree-level or equivalent qualification in film, television or video production.
- A minimum of one year's experience with a digital agency.
- Proven experience of working with major brands.
- Proven experience in social media video production.
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills.
- A proven and demonstrable track record of devising highly creative and compelling content ideas.
- Ability to work both autonomously and within our team, managing multiple projects concurrently.
PLEASE NOTE: We will not accept applications for this position after 24 September 2020
27 Old Gloucester Street
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position