Ready to see your career truly take off in 2020?
Specialist Insight is looking for a talented business reporter or an assistant editor to deliver stunning, off-diary content to our demanding online and events audiences worldwide.
Are you an enthusiastic journalist who can explain complex subjects in an easy-to-read manner? Can you write compelling news, features and analysis that informs, engages and sometimes entertains our global audiences? Then, we would like to hear from you.
If you are looking for that all-important first job in business journalism or are looking for that key second role to take your career to new heights, this could be the opportunity for you.
We are an award-winning boutique media company, with a global outlook, based in Reigate, Surrey; a short train journey from London. This year the company received the UK’s most prestigious business award – the Queen’s Award for Enterprise for International Trade.
Our websites, emails and print publications occupy a unique space in each of their markets whether it is corporate jets or superyachts. Other titles in our growing portfolio cover: helicopters, the future of flight and private art investment.
We focus on transactions and our readers are buyers, sellers or financiers of assets as well as the lawyers and others who advise them. Our compelling multi-media content is known for its independence, the depth of its analysis and humour.
For us, press releases are just the beginning: we want you to add value to source materials by adding insights unable available elsewhere. Better still – we want you to generate the scoops and off-diary content that comes from building trusting relationships with key industry contacts and clients.
New starters will be mentored every step of the way by our team of award-winning journalists, which includes former newspaper and international magazine editors. Give us compelling multi-media content and we promise to help you grow as a journalist in preparation for the next stage of your career.
We use a mixture of online content, email newsletters and videos to inform our readers. We have also just launched a quarterly print magazine, which is going from strength-to-strength: 2020 will be the year of print!
All of this supports our conferences which are held in London, Dubai, Singapore, Miami, San Francisco and other cities around the world. You will travel to industry events, find out what is happening in the market and make contacts for future stories. We offer strong career progression at a profitable, fast-growing company.
You will be responsible for:
- Writing daily news and analysis; mainly about business aviation and luxury yachting.
- Interviewing key market players, researching and writing feature stories including telephone, face-to-face and video interviews.
- Finding and breaking scoops.
- Running surveys and awards.
- Compiling data tables and analysing data.
- Forming relationships with key people in the industry.
- Helping with new media, video and digital publications.
- Enjoy writing and editing – and be keen to build a portfolio of stories.
- Relish taking on responsibility.
- Work well in a small, motivated team.
- Have a good understanding of online journalism.
- Be ambitious and want to gain relevant experience.
- Be keen to invest time in understanding the key issues in each market.
- Love networking, meeting people and building relationships.
- Be able to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Represent the company at conferences and industry shows (may include international travel).
- Have strong numeracy skills.
- Be able to commute to Reigate.
- Have the right to work in the UK.
If this sounds of interest, please apply by sending a CV and covering letter to Mike Stones.
Telephone: 01737 241489
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position