Do you know your TOPGUN from your Top Gun, your ASRAAMs from your AMRAAMs and can you spot the difference between the F-35A, B and C at 1,000 feet? Do you have journalistic experience and want to be part of a thriving digital-first publishing team? Then Key Publishing has the perfect opportunity for you!
We are looking for a capable and confident assistant editor to join us. Reporting to the group editor modern military, you should have a keen interest in military aviation and a firm grasp on the activities of air forces worldwide. You will work across a range of Key brands:
- Key.aero, our premium aviation website, brings together world-class original digital content as well as exclusive insights covering modern military aircraft.
- Combat Aircraft Journal is America's best-selling military aviation magazine. With thought-provoking opinion pieces, detailed analysis and world-class imagery, CAJ is your one-stop-source of military aviation news and features from across the globe.
- AirForces Monthly is devoted to modern military aircraft and their air arms. Providing unrivalled news coverage, AFM covers all aspects of military aviation, region by region, offering readers features on the strengths of the world’s air forces, their conflicts, weaponry and exercises.
- Air International covers the business side of aviation, including defence, aerospace and new technology. By experts, for experts.
What will be expected of you in supporting the editorial team:
- Writing news for digital and print platforms
- Reporting on military exercises and other military aviation-related events
- Managing/briefing contributors and editing their submissions
- Conducting interviews, podcasting and stepping in front of the camera
- Assisting in the planning and production of magazines
- Managing and co-ordinating editorial content - both online and in print
This is a full-time role, with some in-office working at our HQ in Stamford, Lincolnshire, and an annual starting salary of £22,000, depending on experience. Some UK/foreign travel should be expected.
If you are full of engaging and exciting editorial feature ideas for this portfolio we would love to hear from you.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position