Why Join the News and Features Team?
The News and Features team covers two key areas of MoneySavingExpert.com’s content – news stories across a wide range of personal finance and consumer topics, plus in-depth features guides on such key topics as consumer rights, travel, motoring, shopping and more.
Why Our Role?
The Assistant Editor (News and Features) has a key role at the heart of the team. We’re looking for a talented, hungry and experienced journalist or editor to help drive the site’s news and features content.
Reporting to the News and Features Editor, you’ll be editing news stories and blogs on a wide range of personal finance and consumer topics, covering everything from banking and energy to travel and shopping. You’ll also be working on in-depth guides and content for the weekly email that’s part of our ‘features’ vertical – so travel and transport, consumer rights, shopping and much more.
A big part of your job will be copy-editing to a very high standard, ensuring all our content can be fully understood by readers and is in line with MSE’s style, as well as structured in an engaging and easily-navigable way.
As well as being a top-notch journalist who can explain complicated subjects in an easy-to-read manner, you’ll have an analytical mind and meticulous attention to detail to ensure every word you publish is absolutely spot-on, so our 15 million unique users a month always get accurate and timely information.
You’ll also need an excellent news sense, experience handling breaking news and the ability to juggle and manage lots of competing priorities.
What will you be doing?
- Editing news stories and blogs, and working on longer-term investigations
- Editing features guides and content for the weekly email
- Mentoring and helping develop writers
- Championing news within MSE and helping us break big stories which are picked up elsewhere
- Deputising for the News and Features Editor
What do you need to excel in this role?
- Substantial experience as a journalist, including experience editing
- A flair for writing and the ability to bring to life often-complex subjects
- A proven track record breaking big news stories
- Good understanding of online journalism, with some experience using analytics and social media
- Be a stickler for accuracy
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong time management/prioritisation skills
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of personal finance and consumer issues
- Specific experience covering travel, transport, shopping, consumer rights or other relevant topics
- Familiarity with HTML
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to Jenna.Nockels@Moneysupermarket.com
- copywriters copywriters feed
- editorial assistants / trainees editorial assistants / trainees feed
- editors and management editors and management feed
- news news feed
- production and sub-editors production and sub-editors feed
- proofreaders proofreaders feed
- public relations public relations feed
- section editors section editors feed
- specialist writers specialist writers feed
- new media new media feed