The automotive industry is the world’s biggest manufacturing business, and logistics is among the most costly, challenging and important aspects of the entire value chain.
The media brand leader in this field is Automotive Logistics, including its sub-brand Finished Vehicle Logistics, which together serve a global readership in print, online and for live and digital events (www.automotivelogistics.media).
We are looking for some with top-notch writing, reporting and editing skills to join our in-house editorial team as assistant editor, with wide-ranging responsibilities across the portfolio, including overseeing online coverage and creating newsletters; helping to produce print and digital products; contributing and travelling to our international conferences. If you think you are up to the job, tell us why.
Purpose of job:
Creating, and supporting the creation of, high quality coverage in print, on the web, in multimedia and social media, and at international live and digital events, which delivers relevant and strategic information to the Automotive Logistics group’s audience of managers and executives.
The successful candidate will:
- hold a degree or a professional accreditation, preferably but not limited to journalism, communication, or professional writing; or be able to prove relevant writing and editing experience;
- have some journalistic experience, preferably in the B2B sector;
- write excellent English for concise news stories, as well as for more expansive and creative features;
- have flawless copy-editing skills;
- have experience in creating and uploading content across one or more website CMS;
- be skilled in B2B communication over social media platforms;
- have the personal attributes to interact confidently with, and interview, senior executives around the world;
- be comfortable working across different cultures, nationalities and time zones
Some knowledge of logistics, automotive or manufacturing sectors would be an advantage, as would proficiency in a foreign language.
Package will depend on experience and what you bring to the role.
Send your CV, examples of your before-and-after work and a covering email explaining how you see yourself fitting this role to Christopher Ludwig, content director, at email@example.com.