Why Join MoneySavingExpert.com?
MoneySavingExpert.com is proud to be the UK's biggest consumer website, with about 15 million users a month. We are dedicated to cutting your bills and fighting your corner with journalistic research, cutting-edge tools and a massive community – all focused on finding deals, saving cash and campaigning for financial justice.
More than 11 million people have signed up to receive our weekly email, which is packed full of deals, loopholes and money-saving guides. We have been able to harness the collective power of our users to get them the best deals from providers. With more than 1.5 million users and about 3 million discussion threads, our forum is an active and passionate community where people help one another to get out of debt, secure better deals and find ways to make the most of their cash.
Find out more about us here: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com
Why join the editorial team?
We’re looking for a talented, hungry and experienced journalist or editor to join our editorial team to edit a wide range of guides, as well as driving the Money team to deliver regular news stories and social content.
Your main responsibility will be assisting the senior team with editing content for the site and the weekly email – covering everything from credit cards and banking to car insurance and consumer rights.
Reporting to the Money Editor, you will edit and give feedback on work delivered by MSE’s big team of writers. This includes making sure content can be fully understood by readers and is in line with MSE’s style, as well as structured in an engaging and easily-navigable way.
You will be heavily involved in the planning side of things, ensuring we have regular and timely content, as well as having the opportunity to write news stories, blogs and guides.
As well as being a top-notch journalist who can explain complicated subjects in an easy-to-read manner, you’ll have an analytical mind and meticulous attention to detail to ensure every word you publish is absolutely spot-on, so our 15 million unique users a month always get accurate and timely information.
What will I be doing?
- Editing guides and content for the weekly email and supporting the editors with their day-to-day work
- Checking accuracy of product details in MoneySavingExpert guides, tools and the weekly email.
- Keeping on top of trends in the Money sphere, spotting opportunities for news stories and investigations.
- Uploading information on new and existing products to the website, ensuring 100% accuracy and reliability.
- Working closely with writers to advise of market developments and suggest restructuring of guides on personal finance topics such as credit cards, savings and investments.
- Involved in strategic planning of content.
- Contribute to MSE’s social media channels.
- Help with editing news
What skills and experience do I need?
Ideally you’ll have worked for a consumer-facing publication/website or newspaper before and will be a senior journalist or editor.
- Knowledge of personal finance and consumer issues
- A flair for writing and editing and the ability to bring to life often-complex subjects
- A proven track record working as a journalist/editor
- Be a stickler for accuracy
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong time management/prioritisation skills
Nice to have:
- Previous experience working for a personal finance publication or website
- Familiarity with SEO
How to apply
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below