Forbes Media seeks an Assistant Editor to support the Forbes Europe section in our London office. Assistant Editors are the linchpin of the Forbes newsroom. They work at the intersection of editorial (staff writers, editors and outside contributors) and internal teams within Forbes: audience development, social media, live events, sales optimization, product and development.
This candidate will be assigned to various areas of European content, working at the intersection of editorial (editors, staff writers and outside contributors) and internal teams including social, product, analytics and live events.
- Work on front lines of editorial coverage. Read and edit (as appropriate) the content stream on the channel and overall site and monitoring any issues with the CMS
- Assist editors to find, recruit, and set up new contributors. Train and support contributors on how to use and optimize Forbes publishing tools.
- Stay on cutting edge of technology, specifically the venture capital and cybersecurity industry; monitor breaking news and must-read sites, social streams, trade press and more.
- Collaborate with editors to find original angles to news and enterprise stories; follow up with reporting and writing stories or pitching stories to contributors.
- Participate in larger Forbes projects, including Europe 30 Under 30 and Midas Europe List as a reporter and writer. Ideal candidate is expected to pitch, write regular stories for the site and/or magazine. Member of fact checking pool for the magazine.
- Work with audience development and other internals teams monitor optimize traffic.
- Create original content for Forbes platforms outside the site, including social media, podcasts and newsletters, as well as live events.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 6 months to 1 year of relevant work or internship experience in digital journalism or related field. Editing experience at college publication is a plus, as is writing experience.
- Hands-on experience with CMS, analytics, G Suite/Microsoft Office and social media platforms
- Obsessed with all-things entrepreneurial and international.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently when required while at the same time operate efficiently in a team dynamic
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a keen eye for detail
- European language knowledge (French, German, Spanish, Italian) also be an added bonus
Forbes, the defining voice of entrepreneurial capitalism, is a global media leader that champions success by celebrating those who have made it, and those who aspire to make it. Forbes convenes and curates the most-influential leaders and entrepreneurs who are driving change, transforming business and making a significant impact on the world. The Forbes brand today reaches nearly 120 million people worldwide every month through the Forbes and Forbes Asia magazines, 40 licensed local editions covering more than 70 countries, Forbes.com, signature LIVE events, a custom research arm, and social and mobile platforms. Forbes Media’s brand extensions include real estate, education and financial services license agreements. For more information, visit: https://www.forbes.com/forbes-media/.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply:
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position