Why join the MoneySavingExpert.com Team?
MoneySavingExpert.com (MSE) is the UK’s biggest consumer website. It provides millions of users with free, independent, editorially-led information about all things money. The goal for everyone working at MSE is simple – we’re dedicated to cutting consumer bills and fighting hard for financial justice for everyone. We get around 15m Money Savers to our website every month. Our weekly email is full of exclusive deals, tricks and MoneySaving guides, all aimed at helping people make the most of their cash. The MSE Forum is a lively and supportive community, with more than 1.5 million users taking part in 3 million discussions ranging from making the most of your credit card to good old-fashioned thrifty budgeting. In addition, our Cheap Energy Club takes the hard work out of switching energy and saving on energy bills whilst the newly launched Credit Club is a great way of managing an array of financial decisions.
But what really makes MSE stand-out from the crowd is the Editorial Code, which lies at the heart of everything we do. Regardless of your role at MSE, it’s everybody’s job to champion the consumer - and that makes us a truly unique, exciting and rewarding place to work. If you are inspired by what we do or see yourself as a passionate consumer champion, and have the grit and enthusiasm along with the skills we seek, a career in MSE might just be the right career step you are looking for.
Why our role?
The MSE press office is a brilliant and unique place to work. It drives MSE’s campaigns, exclusive investigations and expert views into the wider media, so that all consumers can benefit, regardless of whether they read MSE or not. Being part of an exciting a fast-paced newsroom environment, the press office is consistently busy and in-demand.
The Assistant Press Officer role sits within the campaigns team, supporting the Press Officer with core PR duties, arranging regular interviews, assisting with commentary on issues of the day and managing coverage data.
This is a newly-created entry-level role with huge scope to really develop your skills in PR and news.
What will you be doing?
- Prepare draft press releases and organise reactive comments from MSE experts for the media.
- Share responsibility for incoming media inquiries across a range of press including broadcast, digital and print.
- Work with the campaigns and news teams to spot stories, create engaging content for press with the aim of leading the news agenda and driving change for consumers.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with journalists, from the consumer and personal finance sectors in particular.
- Handle and score all of MSE’s media coverage and track KPIs set by the Press Officer and Head of PR.
- Book and plan radio and TV interviews.
- Maintain and develop media lists.
- Manage and log MSE user reports relating to specific MSE campaigns.
What do you need to excel in this role?
- A real self-starter, news hungry and enthusiastic.
- Creative and keen to offer up ideas.
- A genuine interest in current affairs and personal finance news.
- Knowledge of MSE and our key areas of work.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and quickly draft press statements and commentary in response to the day’s news agenda.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting demands, remaining calm and resilient.
- Solid writing ability, including good grammar and spelling.
- Have a demonstrable interest in working in a press office and/or news environment.
How to apply:
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below