An exciting opportunity has opened up at Newsquest Cumbria for an associate editor on the award winning magazine Cumbria Life.
Working alongside the regional group editor, the successful candidate will source, curate and produce top quality content highlighting all the amazing places to live, work and play in Cumbria.
The successful candidate will have a zippy and fresh writing style, have exceptional attention to detail and be able to adhere to monthly deadlines.
They will be highly organised and work closely with the commercial team to provide advertorials in a linked up strategic approach as well as help co-ordinate the annual Cumbria Life Food Awards.
The successful candidate will have great people skills and the ability to get on with a wide range of people in the community. They will build upon the excellent reputation of the Cumbria Life brand and ensure all content adheres to the CL style.
They will also help promote the Cumbria Life brand and develop a social media profile.
Reports to: Vanessa Sims – regional group editor
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 dependant on experience
- To create a lively and engaging Cumbria Life magazine which highlights all the amazing place to live, work and play in Cumbria.
- To work with the regional group editor to embed best practice and new tools in newsrooms to drive audience growth.
- To source, curate and produce top quality content.
- Develop a zippy, fresh writing style.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Adhere to all monthly deadlines.
- Work closely with the commercial team to provide advertorials and a linked up approach.
- Help co-ordinate the annual Cumbria Life Food Awards.
- Build upon the excellent reputation of the Cumbria Life brand and ensuring all content adheres to the CL style.
- Help promote the Cumbria Life brand and develop a social media profile.
- Great people skills and the ability to get on with a wide range of people in the community.
- A high level of organisation and the ability to manage your own diary out on patch.
- To be fully aware of the company’s code of conduct and to maintain that code at all times.
- To ensure you keep abreast of legal implications and to attend legal updates when necessary.
- To liaise with and support other departments including advertising, newspaper sales and marketing and any others with content and projects when necessary.
- To understand and to abide by the IPSO Code of Practice.
- To be aware of and understand the company policy relating to our websites and social networking and ensure that policy is being met at all times.
- To act professionally and in the best interests of Newsquest’s reputation when using any social media site as a Newsquest employee.
- Adhere to the Editors' Code of Conduct and the company's own ethical standards at all times.
- Have a sound knowledge of media law and the regulatory framework.
- Be NCTJ qualified, particularly in law.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position