Is story-telling your passion? Do you know your Crowdtangle from your Chartbeat?
Then you could be the person we are looking for to lead our newsroom.
You will need to be able to direct our team of excellent reporters and be happy to help coach our trainees, alongside our other two audience and content editors (ACEs).
You will understand what makes a compelling and engaging story and how to build a brilliant newslist for print and online, write a great headline for all platforms and know what it takes to turn a press release into something readers actually want to share.
Cumbria is a beautiful part of the world in which to live and work and offers a wide variety of stories for the news teams to get its teeth into.
We have two roles available - one in Carlisle working on the award-winning titles the News and Star, Cumberland News, The Whitehaven News and the Times and Star and one in Kendal working on the award winning The Mail, The Westmorland Gazette and the Cumberland and Westmorland Gazette website.
To be considered for this role, you will have passed your NCTJ prelims with shorthand and be fully NQJ qualified.
- Drive the stories
- Be reactive, creative, and full of ideas
- Be a methodical, organised multi-tasker
- Be passionate about detail
- Thrive on deadlines
- Understand the how and why of search and social
- Know who is reading our stories, where and why
- Be able to inspire and enthuse a team
- Create the right mix of content, for the right time of day and platform
- Know exactly what makes a story and how to tell it for different platforms, from print to Twitter Moments.
- Have a good understanding of media law
Sounds like you? Then please send your application to Vanessa Sims at Vanessa.Sims@newsquest.co.uk or call 07545 252565 for an informal chat.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position