Archant has embarked on a new digital newsroom structure and we are looking for a digital specialist to join the audience development team and build on the success we are already seeing.
As audience development specialist, you will sit in the heart of our newsroom and keep track of all the content our reporters are producing. You will analyse real time data and communicate with our editors about the content that is, and is not, connecting with our audience. This role really focuses on using that data and insight to know what necessary changes to make to optimise the impact of our news content.
You will understand the impact of headlines, images, social and SEO and will be able to quickly advise on the next best steps to maximise the engagement with each piece of content.
The team is at the heart of shaping and executing the editorial strategy and aims to grow our audience and reader loyalty.
Communication skills are key as we look to build an audience-aware content team across Archant's news portfolio. This person will be excited about local news and our brands and will have a good understanding of SEO and social media.
We are particularly interested in candidates who have experience building an audience whether that be in a newsroom or elsewhere.
- Work closely with editors to plan and execute editorial strategy
- Work with the data team to ensure the reporting needs of our newsrooms are met
- Deliver data and insight quickly and in clear, digestible formats
- Be a trusted link between the content team and their access to audience measurement tools and data sets, supporting their ability to self-serve
- Comfortable managing a range of activities, deadlines and stakeholders
- Strong understanding of content, social media and SEO
- Demonstrable editorial news judgment and familiarity with our local news brands
- Experience of using data to inform decision making
- Knowledge of emergent digital tools and platforms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams remotely or on-site
Salary, bonus and benefits
- Salary up to £23,000
- Full 26 days' paid holiday per calendar year + statutory bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Archant Gold - matched charity fundraising
- Give As You Earn - tax-free charity giving scheme
- Ongoing training and personal performance reviews
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Unfortunately, we will not be able respond to everyone that applies. If you have not heard from us within two weeks you can assume that on this occasion you were unsuccessful.
Group recruitment manager
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position